Looking a bit better | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Looking a bit better

Aug 15, 2008
I have not posted for quite some time but after our Wembley non performance I feared for this season, i thought we would carry the scars from such a poor showing. Need not have feared though as most of the side was broken up. Then we had the wholesale recruitment of a new squad and with this a whole new set of fears - are they any good? How long will it take to become a team rather than a collection of individuals? : Oh the halcyon days of summer swatting aside the mighty SWL teams and some tub thumping started in some areas! Then a draw against the magnificent W.B.A - oh such giddiness.
And down to earth on opening day, face first. Swatted aside by Brazil, oops I mean Luton, and then abjectness at Reading and a defeat to Carlisle.

Since then we have performed with credit I feel and obtained 3 wins from 3. The performances have not been great however but there are incremental improvements being made and partnerships being forged. It is a huge ask to assemble a new squad and make them a competetive team. I am now more optimistic for the campaign ahead but as I am sure many will agree we are miles away from where we need to be - what is good though is to win 3 matches and to not be playing anywhere like full capacity - some would say sign of a good team that is?

I mean look where playing very well early on and being top for a period of time got us last season? So maybe it is all part of Derek Adams plan - a slow burn this year, stay in touch with the top sides and then come january kick on and take over - rather than tail off abjectly. Or am I tub thumping now?!!?

Lets enjoy our holiday weekends - those lucky enough to have them anyway :)

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Its going to be a long old season and we are going to have to grind out victories sadly.
Gone are the days of free flowing football and scoring for fun.

Don't mind too much as long as we play winning football

Aug 15, 2008
I would take that Sam - get out of this league no matter what! I think early signs are that you will be able to throw a blanket over the top 12-14 teams come March but I am making a huge guesstimate there, what leads me to say this is that the standard is much of a muchness and it is the sides with the few above average league 2 players, in the right positions, in form, at the right time. Football eh? - drives us all mad!

Aug 15, 2008
Next two matches Cheltenham and Cambridge - both at home will assist us all in benchmarking this itineration of Argyle.... Cambridge currently bottom and Cheltenham mid table.