Three on the bounce

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Baaa-Lamb Groan's already been on - no he wasn't.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Perhaps the reporters should lie? Perhaps they should redact any mention of Blackpool's numerous chances from their reports? Would that be 'good journalism'? Perhaps they shouldn't express any concerns that, as Drew Savage put it, Argyle pretty much rely on Carey to come up with a great cross or a goal of his own in order to win a game of football?
Delighted that Argyle have come through the last 3 matches with maximum points but I rather trust the excellent reporters at the Herald and the knowledgeable Drew Savage to tell the full story of the games. Eerily reminiscent of last season's good run at the moment, with points being picked up very much against the run of play - (thinking particularly of the Barnet & Accrington home games last season. The positive is that there are a few more bodies in the squad to cover the inevitable injuries and suspensions - but is there a replacement for Carey if he is injured long term? Are our 4 strikers (Spencer, Slew, Jervis and Goodwillie) going to come up with more than one goal between them every 5 games? - Reid could manage that with his eyes closed.
I'm thankful that the reporters like Drew Savage and Chris Errington don't try to sugar coat the wins for the thinned skinned among us when they are spawny as they have been so far this season.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
9 points closer to safety, fantastic. I, as with many others are delighted to have gotten those points.

I am still very concerned. The games seem flat, the defense have 2-3 errors in them per game, and we're reliant on one many to create a game changing moment in most games. Sometimes JJ can also do it, and I'm sure others will show 1-2 good moments now and again. Not enough to be a side pushing for top 3 in my opinion, and who knows what happens if Carey gets injured again.

The team are gelling, and I wont make a final synopsis for a few more games yet...However based on so far? We're going to struggle to get goals, and struggle to make top 3, we have half a good team but that isn't enough. Mid Table season for me.

What will you be posting if we go on to lose 3 on the bounce now?