🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
There's at least one Pasoti'ite among this week's winners:

PAFC

How Does it Work?

For your £2.25 per week, you will receive a Big Green Lottery Membership Card and an exclusive number, which is then entered into the annual Grand Draw, monthly draws for £500 and the weekly £10 draw.
All new for the Big Green Lottery is our Win With Argyle scheme, where one lucky member will win a money can’t buy prize every time the Pilgrims win a first-team game, so you really do Win With Argyle.
For any queries, please contact Ellen Shine on ellen.shine@pafc.co.uk Winners of all draws will be published on http://www.pafc.co.uk. Sign up now through our dedicated Big Green Lottery website.

Feb 8, 2005
Funny how Mr Newell from Plymouth keeps cropping up, but you've got to be in it to win it, as they say.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm nothing compared to Stew The Noo and Lian Vercoe, those two dominate.

Mike Greening's a constant winner as well.

Well worth it though, it helps our Academy AND gives you a crack at the big one (£12k these days). But you have to be really, really poxy to win that one.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
I was very happy to receive a cheque for £10 last night in the post. It is a great cause and the chances to win are pretty impressive, albeit I would happily see my chances of winning reduce if it meant more people were contributing to the Academy.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
IJN":2n47fj32 said:
I'm nothing compared to Stew The Noo and Lian Vercoe, those two dominate.

Mike Greening's a constant winner as well.

Well worth it though, it helps our Academy AND gives you a crack at the big one (£12k these days). But you have to be really, really poxy to win that one.

The BGL keeps my bar tab going! On the subject of the big one, it's always nice to get on the pitch for the draw, even if you don't win.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's even nice when you do though mate. I can assure you of that.

I can still remember my answer when Fitz shove a microphone under my nose when walking off the pitch.

Q: 'What are you going to do with the money' - A: 'Bora Bora'. :greensmile: It meant nothing to most but a lot to me.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
I've won a tenner two or three times and I'll settle for that, I'm not sure I could stand the suspense of being on the pitch for the big one. I'm not sure my heart would stand the strain and, much as I love Argyle, I'd rather not prove it by dying mid-pitch.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It was very strange I can tell you. None of us, and I mean none of us knew what the hell was going on as we were the first ever.

The strange thing was it got down to the last two, I was getting a tad moist by then, so I said to the other chap 'how about it, you and I go half' he had a long hard think and was about to shake on it and Fitz shouted out 'I hope you two haven't come to some sort of deal', the chap (from Bude) pulled his hand away and said 'We better hadn't' then his number came out. To be fair, he took it very well and shook my hand afterwards.

As I say though, it was far too confusing to get a sweat on.

On another note I went into the Tribute Lounge with the GT's (there were far less in those days) and put my credit card behind the bar to share my good fortune.

Many drinks were drunk, and at about 2030, this chap was getting on my nerves with his behaviour and I said to Gary McGuire 'Sorry Gas but your mate is getting on my nits, he has to go', to which Gary said 'My mate? I thought he was your mate'. The cheeky sod had been boozing for about 4 hours on me!!!! :lol: :facepalm:

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
I have won the big one too Ian initially I thought I had lost turned to congratulate the person next to me when I heard that I had won, had never won anything like that before it was an exciting time being in the last two. The legend who drew my shirt out did not even shake my hand just walked off the pitch not even a well done. Went well down in my estimation but hey had a great time with the winnings and still a member as I was when it started. So if I can win it anyone can. The match was a bit of blur after winning, spent most of the time at the bar.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's a shame about the legend. I had that once, it hurts doesn't it?

My cheque presenter was Johan Folly, what a lovely bloke he was. I told him I was chucking a few quid into Steve Dean's Just Giving Page for CF, because of one of our own Dan Maddock had passed some time before. He was really interested in what Steve had done. He talked for ages about it. Just after he came down with some breathing problem and I often thought that a bit spooky, but a great bloke none the less.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Graham Carey drew ours whilst he was injured last season and I was more excited to meet him than I was to win! Turns out I got neither.

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
Yes Ian it was a shame, it did hurt but at the end of the day I had a brilliant time, I think that we won and had a great time spending the money. My mates were in the Lyndhurst and I did not tell them I was in it and they had thought I had missed the match so it was a bit of a shock to them when I turned up on the pitch and then won. Have been a regular winner of the £10 prize as well. Well worth signing up for.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":1pqly07o said:
That's a shame about the legend. I had that once, it hurts doesn't it?

My cheque presenter was Johan Folly, what a lovely bloke he was. I told him I was chucking a few quid into Steve Dean's Just Giving Page for CF, because of one of our own Dan Maddock had passed some time before. He was really interested in what Steve had done. He talked for ages about it. Just after he came down with some breathing problem and I often thought that a bit spooky, but a great bloke none the less.

An unbelievable 8 years ago, and I'm amazed to see that the page for Dan still exists: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/danmaddock. What a stonkingly good bloke.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just think what you could've won........................ :cool:

Osvk05l.jpg

It certainly paid me to be in it.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mr Fray from Salisbury has won the £500 monthly prizes for July and August. There is a complete list of 2016 winners on the NEW Argyle Academy website (pafcacademy.co.uk). I guess that trumps the regular £10 winners. £12,000 prize coming up in December.

Well done, Mr Fray. :thumbs: :thumbs: "You've got to be in it to win it." Pasoti member??