Best Opposition Players You Ever Saw at Argyle? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best Opposition Players You Ever Saw at Argyle?

Aug 15, 2008
What players that played against Argyle did you think "Wish he wore Green?" - There are quite a few in my list but I will limit it to three :

1) Paul Gascoigne for Everton - Pre season friendly and he ran amok, scored a fantastic goal and was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch that night. And this was Gascoigne on the downslope of his career too... He really was class.

2) Stefano Eranio for Derby County - FA Cup third round tie against Jim Smiths cosmopolitan Derby side. Eranio was former AC Milan I believe and he ran the game without much effort. He seemed to have more time than any other player on the park and every time he passed it hurt us. (And Earl Jean how did you miss that sitter?) We lost 3-0.

3) Charlie Adam for Blackpool - I thought he was a very good player. He had a bit of everything and bossed the midfield. If I remember rightly there was a rumour we were going to try and sign him?? Anyway all very good players and I could list many more but 3 will do!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
WBA player, long shabby hair 2003/4 season

S

Staniforths perm

Paul Gascoigne in 1990 in a friendly for Spurs - only time I can remember visiting player going off to a standing ovation
Glen Hoddle for Swindon & Ruud Guillit for Chelsea run him close , they were world class acts

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Ossie Ardiles, for Blackburn at home park
Paul Ince

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
John Cooper":30fck2ar said:
Ossie Ardiles, for Blackburn at home park
Paul Ince

Editted, oops read title wrongly. Ardiles didn't do a lot, I posted Paul Ince for THAT stunning goal in front of demport.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Before they moved on to better teams :
Micky Thomas (Wrexham) 'ran rings around us' in the mid 70's. Then went to Man Utd.
Kevin Davies (Chesterfield) in the mid 90's. Outstanding at Home Park. Also recall that he got sent off in the Saltergate brawl.

B

bizzay1

John jo Shelvy ran the show & everthing went through him when we played Swansea a couple of seasons back in a friendly

J

Jeff

Ruud Gullit
Paolo Di Canio
Paul Gascoigne
Joe Cole
Kevin Phillips

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gazza for Everton, Ashton for Crewe and Laurie Cunningham for Orient.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Pele and the rest of Santos