Match thread: Orient 2 sent off in first 14 mins. FT 0-2 | PASOTI

Match thread: Orient 2 sent off in first 14 mins. FT 0-2

Mar 14, 2009
l know it's very early but a few things l wanted to add.

With Orient sacking their manager it allows their infamous chairman to once again influence team and tactical selection tonight. The guy is a complete control freak. It's all too similar to what's going on at Leeds.

The football authorities have let the fans down of both clubs. Orient are a very friendly, small club. I hope that doesn't belittle them but in the shadow of the super powers of the giant London clubs there is still an important place for these traditional clubs in the football pyramid. The football league allows these foreign owners to come in English football with these nortious bad reputations they have and take charge of clubs that mean a lot to the communities these football clubs serve.

Destroying the soul of the clubs slowly, growing up debt by their own mismanagement and the football league and FA just watch on. It should have never ever been allowed to get to a stage where a chairman has made numerous sackings in two years whilst trying to medal in team affairs.

What on earth is happening to football. So of course l want 3pts tonight. Yet as a member of another small, lower league football club l do sincerely hope they get that control freak out of their football club so the fans can once again enjoy watching their team. We all know these type of dark days from our own past with Argyle. I wish them well (apart from winning tonight) in their fight to get back the club they love.

As for tonight, who knows. They aren't exactly in the best mind set but normally a manager being sacked galvanises a team. However, all depends on how much this chairman interferes. Since 2014, they have only come from behind to win a game four times. So if Argyle can get in front this might be the key. Simpson of course is the stand out player. Although there seems some concern about his overall fitness.

Tricky game as most would expect us to win given the state of their club at the moment. We know Argyle can mess up these type of games. Tight game l predict as they should be fightening for their lives. Question is will they play for this chairman.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe the James Brent model is better then ?.....damn I should have found my tin helmet before saying that.

Jun 11, 2012
Back to winning ways - come on Argyle!

I'd go:

McCormick

Threlkeld
Bulvitis
Bradley
Purrington

Tanner
Songo'o
Smith
Carey

Spencer
Goodwillie

That being said, if Garita's fit I'd go back to having him up-top on his own. Sawyer in at left-back too if possible.

D

deanthegreenmachine

Looking forward to this game, heading over with the band One Eyed Wayne from North London... Expecting a tough game, Leyton will wanna put things right after back to back defeats.. Its a good Club, sadly run badly, but needs must and that's out the window tonight as I'm hoping for 3 points for the greens, if Garita plays and he`s fit, I think we will have the edge, maybe give him 20 mins from the bench, other than that... a tough encounter.. my prediction 1-1

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Just about to set off for East London, agree with other views, feel this will be a tight game with Argyle edging it 1-2

COYG

Mar 23, 2008
Would like to see Spencer, Jervis and Threlkeld or Smith come in with Slew, Fox or Songo out.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Radio Devon for me on this one. A win tonight, could it mean the curse of the manager of the month award.
Garita, threkold and jervis in for me please. Sawyer will be hoping to play against his old club, but I think Purrington has done enough to retain his place.
COYG 1-2 to Argyle, Bradley to get one of them

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I think this will be the game Goodwillie gets his first league goal. If he doesn't I'll just repost this on Saturday.

Sep 26, 2008
HarlHM":2cdqukhp said:
Back to winning ways - come on Argyle!

I'd go:

McCormick

Threlkeld
Bulvitis
Bradley
Purrington

Tanner
Songo'o
Smith
Carey

Spencer
Goodwillie

That being said, if Garita's fit I'd go back to having him up-top on his own. Sawyer in at left-back too if possible.

I'd go
Mccormack

Threlkeld
Bradley
Purrington
Uzzell

Tanner
Stainforth
Tynan
Banana bus

Po-ko-mon
Sausage

but then I've had a few and suck at football manager.

Come on you Greens. Can't wait for this tonight