PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Jan 27, 2012
Surely the man of the match is the referee !

It is HE who is responsible for those 3 points.

Based on the radio commentry Argyle were no better than mediocre.
Nonethless, 2 crap games in a row and 4 points. Can't complain about that.

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Facts - 1 nil up when Orient were down to 10, Down to 9 when Jervis was taken out by the last man. Commentary that I heard tells me we were on top for more or less the 90. Professional performance wrapped up 2 nil....How is the referee MOtM?!! At face value a brilliant result, no need to be disparaging surely?!

Sep 13, 2003
The only man of the match was the Chinese/Russian/Italian syndicate who paid Orient to bribe the players to be sent off in the first place.

Mar 3, 2012
harbourgreen":2vi6j745 said:
Facts - 1 nil up when Orient were down to 10, Down to 9 when Jervis was taken out by the last man. Commentary that I heard tells me we were on top for more or less the 90. Professional performance wrapped up 2 nil....How is the referee MOtM?!! At face value a brilliant result, no need to be disparaging surely?!

Most people are Pasoti are negative anyway, brilliant win and 8 wins in 9 games! :scarf:

Apr 6, 2009
i wasn't actually there so won't fill in the poll

but from the sound of the commentary i'd say goodwillie sounded like i'd give it to him. always in space, clever on and off the ball

but i realise this was just the commentary POV

Nov 18, 2011
Not sure to be honest. As soon as Orient were down to 9 men the Argyle players knew they didn't need to get out of second gear so didn't, everyone was a 6 or 7 out of 10. Gave it to Spencer in the end as it was a good finish to a nice goal and he worked hard.

Donaldson was decent the short time he was on and brought some drive and energy to the team, hence his goal.

Aug 17, 2011
London
If I were the manager after 15 mins I would have just told them to knock it about and stay in second gear it was a bit of a gift.
Fresh for Saturday. Mom- Purrington for me.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
neilbet79":1irqd5gu said:
If I were the manager after 15 mins I would have just told them to knock it about and stay in second gear it was a bit of a gift.

I would agree with that once we were two goals up but 1-0 is a risky scoreline - all it's takes is a breakaway/fluke/mistake and we're drawing. I'd keep the pedal to the metal until the game's safe.

Oct 20, 2015
Exiled
Joe Totale":20xknv19 said:
Not sure to be honest. As soon as Orient were down to 9 men the Argyle players knew they didn't need to get out of second gear so didn't, everyone was a 6 or 7 out of 10. Gave it to Spencer in the end as it was a good finish to a nice goal and he worked hard.

Donaldson was decent the short time he was on and brought some drive and energy to the team, hence his goal.

Agree with this. I went for Smith because I thought he moved the ball round quicker than others, so stretched their defence more. But as above I think everyone in the side averaged 7 out of 10. Didn't pick Spencer because his inability to control a ball fizzed in to him frustrated me. His movement and awareness are excellent, but his touch let him down more than once, still thought he played well though.

Goodwillie really got on my nerves, bottled every challenge when quickly closed down by Orient.

C

Charles Plym

gaspargomez":88jl3byg said:
Surely the man of the match is the referee !

It is HE who is responsible for those 3 points.

Based on the radio commentry Argyle were no better than mediocre.
Nonethless, 2 crap games in a row and 4 points. Can't complain about that.

I'm sure you will find a way :banghead: