Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The US womens team have played here in Ottawa against Canada's women team and drew over 20,000 for an exhibition game

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Ottawa Green":1ba43a8p said:
The US womens team have played here in Ottawa against Canada's women team and drew over 20,000 for an exhibition game

Yeah but when the only other sporting entertainment is log rolling.....

Dec 3, 2005
Majesticmacc":e95q30e3 said:
Funny how your footer says "Every game in important" accept the one you started a topic on :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Every Game IS important - too Argyle, that means any game involving Argyle

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":2t4fgffx said:
To celebrate the sailing of the Mayflower England v USA Womens Team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37475005

Shouldn't the FA or even Argyle be sending teams to play in Plymouth, Massachusetts as well as organising matches here seeing as it is their 400th birthday rather than ours.

We seem to be hoping there is a bit of a bandwagon to jump on in 2020 and I guess if it brings new visitors then that's good for the city but somehow I don't believe it will be as successful as local leaders are expecting.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":359b6qrq said:
djg145":359b6qrq said:

Shouldn't the FA or even Argyle be sending teams to play in Plymouth, Massachusetts as well as organising matches here seeing as it is their 400th birthday rather than ours.

We seem to be hoping there is a bit of a bandwagon to jump on in 2020 and I guess if it brings new visitors then that's good for the city but somehow I don't believe it will be as successful as local leaders are expecting.
What do you base that on LC?

Jan 27, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Woman's football.

I know thats not very PC- but I'm just being honest. Its the same with Golf etc.

I would have liked to have seen a male u21 International.

I suppose I might go to the Woman's game- but it would have to be cheap.

Jan 3, 2013
gaspargomez":1dlhduqe said:
I'm not a big fan of Woman's football.

I know thats not very PC- but I'm just being honest. Its the same with Golf etc.

I would have liked to have seen a male u21 International.

I suppose I might go to the Woman's game- but it would have to be cheap.

This

A

Alexander

According to the Herald Staynes and Brent want to encourage women fans to Home Park so why is it the club has not got a closer link with the Argyle ladies team. I seem to remember a poll on this site which favoured closer links.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Knarf Reprah":1regu1jm said:
Women's "football" ? Sorry, not for me.......

Far better and more exciting that England mens. Why the "? It's your opinion that it's poor, but it IS football. Your comment makes you look a bit ignorant Frank. I'd have thought you'd have learnt...

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":cox1d2ei said:
Lundan Cabbie":cox1d2ei said:
djg145":cox1d2ei said:

What do you base that on LC?

Just a gut feeling. Are people really going to flock here just because they named Plymouth MA after our Plymouth 400 years before?