Magic 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Magic 10

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

Argyle have now completed 10 league matches. Time for people who were on the fence to make their judgements.

Top spot and 5 points clear.

Discuss.

Aug 15, 2008
Good start but not getting carried away after last seasons collapse post Christmas. Reasons to be more optimistic - mainly that this team has a belligerence about them, we are top without really hitting top form yet and the squad is so much more balanced with more quality in depth.

Quietly optimistic...

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I'd still go if we lost 10 on the trot.... It's in the blood!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Those who were stating that we should wait and see where we are after 10 games, will now be looking at shifting the goalposts to 20 games.

H

home@homepark

Seem to remember last season at one stage we were 8 points ahead, lots of twists and turns ahead.

Oct 31, 2015
I think we should wait til easter 2017 then decide how the season is going with the new squad :)

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Word of caution and lets not get carried away - we were 10 pts clear last xmas and fluffed our lines.

First pick XI is possibly not as strong but crucially the bench and squad is.

Great to be winning and picking up points even if we are not playing well

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

May 3, 2013
While Hartley and Nelson were a very good pairing last year, I think Bradley and Bulvitis are much more suited to this division. Maybe not as crisp on the ball or as pacey, but have been rock solid at dealing with the high balls and set pieces that caused us so many issues last year. Great depth within the squad will help us stay fresh and be able to handle a few knocks and injuries that are bound to come up during a 50 game season.

I remember thinking last year, when we were in first, that we were outperforming our ability and had a number of games where, based on highlights, we could have easily lost but came out with 3 points. I can't say the same about this season. Even in last week's draw Pool never threatened our goal and only scored on a total fluke mis-kick. Again, as an exile I can only go by what I hear on radio and see on Player highlights but my confidence is much higher that this side is deserving and will remain at the top this year than last.

Keep it going lads!

Jul 10, 2013
I remember last season team's were crashing shots against the post left, right and centre, we got a bit lucky there but that hasn't happened so far this season! We aren't playing amazingly well however this all means jack sh*t haha. I'll just take one game at a time thanks, never getting ahead of myself again because of the disappointment last season.

Jul 29, 2010
ArgyleGarg0yle":ww9yxxot said:
Argyle have now completed 10 league matches. Time for people who were on the fence to make their judgements.

Discuss.
Discussed it already. Too soon.

We've only played one of the leading pack, and they thumped us. By 15 games we'll have played Pompey and Colchester...we'll know more by then.

As it stands therefore i'm still yet to be convinced and will take my 10-15 right up to to the maximum limit.

Even then we're capable of nausing it up, just look at last season.

Jan 16, 2016
Southampton
I don't like to be pedantic X Isle (but...) and I acknowledge that on balance the teams we've played so far have been bottom-half. Notts County though now have as many points as Luton and indeed anyone else except Argyle, so that's 1 team in the 'leading pack' that we have beaten.

Feb 2, 2007
Still got too many top teams to play- 23 games is a reasonable indication and then getting January window right as we build, invest and retain talent.

Pleased with the pointage but October will be a slightly tougher month than September.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Well,,,,, top after 10 games, 5 points clear and getting results in some games we don't deserve. Unbeaten in 8, what more could we ask for? I know where I'd rather be and I hate to pick apart those that are so unconvinced as to not allowing themselves some joy but when you're top, shouldn't other teams have to worry about you more than you worry about 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

Yes, we might cock it up or alternatively we might see winning becoming a habit (or even not losing becoming a habit) either way we should guard against complacency but recognise that we won't go the rest of the season without losing, it's how we respond to set backs that will be the measure come May.

Just to put in perspective

L.L. W.W.W.W.W.W.D.W.

Jan 27, 2012
Yes 10 games is the time to make an initial assessment.

Well they are top, so I guess they are good enough to go up. If they don't it will be a failure.

I'm still not convinced they are playing that well and the team ride their luck alright. If Garita carries on playing well, he could be our main man. Carey also needs to stay clear of injury. Without him, Argyle are stuffed. (By the way Brent- give him a new contract FFS).

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
ArgyleGarg0yle":2o5ix11v said:

Discuss.
Not really much to discuss.

A good start but there are still 36 games to go.

Lots of positives at this very early stage and the policy of going with a bigger squad looks like it could pay dividends over the course of a long and hard season.

However, even in a squad of 26, there is still a lack of creativity, a definite lack of pace and the main strikers are not looking like they are going to score too many goals. So don't start getting ahead of yourself or feeling smug because we've done nothing yet, it's just a good start.

Didn't Orient win 6 or 7 at the start of last season?