Stating the obvious | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stating the obvious

We are in a very good position as of tonight. If we're honest, we haven't played at full potential and yet we're still getting results/points...happy days let's roll with it and help give the team our full support :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Quite right, even if we weren't too impressive tonight.

There's no arguing with being 5 points clear, whatever stage of the season it is - credit for that has to be given to Adams, it'd be disingenuous to say otherwise.

Go along with all that. But somehow we dont seem to be playing as fluently as last season but the facts are the facts. Our defensive record after the first 2 games is outstanding.

Maybe the Wembley hangover is still lurking for many of us, but this season just hasnt grabbed me yet.

Hope its not deja vu all over again.

Oct 20, 2015
Exiled
Defensively we look good, probably because McCormick, Bulvitis, Bradley and Songo'o have been in the side consistently since the end of August, so have formed a strong core.

Offensively there is work to be done. Yesterday proved we don't quite click. Rotation and squad depth are definitely an advantage, but I also think we could benefit from the front 5 (the more creative CM alongside Songo'o, the 3 attacking midfielders and the striker) getting a run of games together as a unit.

This is irrelevant if we keep winning though!

Mar 8, 2016
gaspargomez":3i5wxcg7 said:
2 dodgy performances and 4 points.

= LUCKY

Not sure last night can be deemed as dodgy? People expect a cricket score but it's never as straight forward as that. I might add there keeper made some great saves and we hit the bar, another night it could have been 5 or 6, it certainly wasn't a dodgy performance. Oh and 10 games and 22 points = promotion form if we are going by your poo equation.

Mar 8, 2016
Army green":1akcgkqe said:
gaspargomez":1akcgkqe said:
2 dodgy performances and 4 points.

= LUCKY

Not sure last night can be deemed as dodgy? People expect a cricket score but it's never as straight forward as that. I might add there keeper made some great saves and we hit the bar, another night it could have been 5 or 6, it certainly wasn't a dodgy performance. Oh and 10 games and 22 points = promotion form if we are going by your poo equation.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
To be fair, last night it was obvious they were going to go 1-8 formation. Damned hard to break down when they park the bus.

This run of luck has to end somewhere, but let's hope the wheels don't come off like last season. This season is different because the team are all Adams' men. But if we keep winning, will we keep Adams?

Just as an aside, where were we this time in 2003/4?

Mar 23, 2008
The start to this season mirrors last season, not especially playing that well, dominating games or with many clear margins. Yet here we are 5 points clear again! Hopefully the bigger squad this season will help us last the distance.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Cerbera":1ghftl8c said:
To be fair, last night it was obvious they were going to go 1-8 formation. Damned hard to break down when they park the bus.

This run of luck has to end somewhere, but let's hope the wheels don't come off like last season. This season is different because the team are all Adams' men. But if we keep winning, will we keep Adams?

Just as an aside, where were we this time in 2003/4?
Don't know what the table position was but we had 17 points then compared to our 22 now, having drawn 5 of the first 10.

May 31, 2007
Sunny Yorkshire
You might argue we've been lucky over the last 2 games, but lucky to win 7 out of the last 8 with 1 draw? As Ferguson used to say 'the harder we train, the luckier we seem to get'

From what I've heard it sounds as Adams has made a conscious decision to firm us up a bit and make us more robust. I don't remember luggy's teams steam-rolling many sides?

Maybe we're now hard to beat and the attacking play will come as the squad gells?

If not impressive, surely an encouraging start?