Orient report | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Orient report

Sep 28, 2003
London
I think it's probably fair enough. Orient deserve a lot of credit for the effort, commitment and organisation they showed in being so hard to break down.

Feb 2, 2007
cheshiregreen":wzxgoh4f said:
http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/leyton-orient/andy_edwards_beaten_in_crazy_first_match_as_leyton_orient_
interim_boss_by_plymouth_argyle_but_only_
after_stunning_effort_from_depleted_o_s_1_4714261

Nearly 1,000 GA there - does this account seem fair? What's the view of the incident involving Derek Adams?

Doesn't mention Tanner hitting bar and claims Purrington credited with goal. Sounds feisty from Derek and more evidence of dark arts from Argyle not witnessed last season.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
But just a talking to was the punishment from Breakspear who then had to have words with Edwards and Plymouth boss Derek Adams.

The pair had come to blows on the sidelines, although neither was sent to the stands and it was still only 1-0 on the pitch.

Did they?

No mention of coming to blows in the commentary.

Jul 24, 2009
Pretty fair, Argyle played well until about 10-15 mins before half time when they started to run out of ideas. Second half Argyle had virtually all the play but didn't play that well. Too one paced and lacking in imagination and at one stage half way through the half you started to think Orient would get one chance and snatch a point. To Argyles credit, they upped their game, helped by the substitutions and deserved the 2.0 which could easily been at least three.

Strange old game but a good win and the league table looks great tonight!

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
An excellent report, just as I saw the match; I'm delighted that the reporter saw it as I did, for Orient: "a long way to restoring the bond between the club & its fans", not least 'cos they play Pompey & Luton at home on 8th & 15th October & I can see the "gelling" continuing to make Brisbane Road soon a tougher place to get points.

A "proper club" with "real fans" ( & a great supporters bar!, with tasty Sheepdog at £3.20 a pint!), who (bizarrely) capitalised on the fact that they could enjoy the match more than us! Our nervousness at "the goals not coming" contrasted with their "no expectations, nothing to lose" appreciation of a fantastic rearguard action by the "magnificent nine" & a brilliant display by keeper Cisak, easily Man of the Match.

For us, we came away with 3 points, Green Army were in great voice & HaHa! I read on Pasoti, GasparGomez, who wasn't there trying yet again to "wee on our Bonfire". Get real, man! There are so many positives currently, that your armchair attempts to dampen (doubtless in the misguided "name of realism") are truly laughable. Of course I , like all that were there last night, can have our misgivings & worries, but at the moment, I'm enjoying the feeling: it feels Great!

May 17, 2012
Spot on Ray. Weird game this. The ( justified ) sending offs killed the tension from the game and it was a like a practice session of attack v defence. Derek is clearly a good manager with his record with us over the last 2 seasons but he does frustrate at times with his cautious approach. Saturday, and other home games, it was obvious one up front was not working and it took an age for this to change. Last night it was crying out for someone to run at the packed defence, our passing was ok but side to side was just what they were set up to defend. I'm at a loss why Tanner could not have been brought on at half time. What we can see though is this side is consistently more competent than last season. Miller is much steadier and wiser than mellor, the centre backs are stronger physically and we have options in attack. Tempered optimism the order of the day for the green army! COYGs