A stat to cheer up the moaners! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

A stat to cheer up the moaners!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Majesticmacc":2k68gnkn said:
4 league goals conceded in 9 games, 3 in 8 if you take away Carlisle away, absolutely sensational!
There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

It's great to be top but it is still only September, I would expect people to be more grounded after the capitulation of last season.

The only stat that really matters is our position in the table after 46 games.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It really is ironic that we have played 10 league games to date and conceded just 7 goals, including 3 in the first game against Luton. And yet, after the 10th game, we read the headline "Full backs need to improve dramatically".

Also, the general level of negativity about our performances is quite strange. I suspect that some of the concern emanates from our collapse in the second half of last season and I guess that that is understandable.

However, I am impressed with the title statistic referred to and agree with those who point out that, this season, we appear to have a greater depth in our squad and I believe that we have a good chance of achieving a top 3 position.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Would it also be safe to say that as well as cover for injuries and suspensions, we aren't as one dimensional in our play as last season? More difficult for teams to figure out?

May 17, 2012
Agree davie, judging by some comments, it's not worth celebrating any win/run/ performance cos it's only where we are in May that counts- we need to forget last season, this Team is unrecognisable from last( how many were at orient last year, 3 ?) . Every game and every point is precious and we should bask in the glory of being the form team, god knows we rarely get much to crow about as argyle supporters :scarf: