✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Maybe the ref considered him to be the last man and denying a goal scoring opportunity. Having said that he was a fair way from goal.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":klubxb34 said:
Maybe the ref considered him to be the last man and denying a goal scoring opportunity. Having said that he was a fair way from goal.

There was no other player in sight; doesn't matter how far out surely. Both looked red from the stand. Both look more red now.

Feb 2, 2007
Keepitgreen":jhpbb9ac said:

Goodwillie was very advanced too. It was essentially 2 v keeper. Think the first was reckless but a yellow.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Both look like correct decisions to me.
Kind of karma for Jay Simpsons unpunished assault on Threlkeld last season

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I think considering it was only 20 seconds in, the first should have been a yellow. The second was a red, Jervis was in. Good to see the two Cambridge boys scoring, Spencers was a clever finish.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
LeonTheGreen":2mqybwr7 said:
I think considering it was only 20 seconds in, the first should have been a yellow. The second was a red, Jervis was in. Good to see the two Cambridge boys scoring, Spencers was a clever finish.
Very easy for a lot of Refs to hide behind it being so early in the game, but an assault like that is a red card in the first, last or any other minute. The time was irrelevant and he didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anyway. The second is a blatant Red, clearly the last man.

I am hardly objective in my viewpoint but all too often, defenders take a chance and commit a bad foul early on in the hope the Ref will only show a Yellow at worse, so hats off to Breakspear for having the bottle to dish out a couple of Reds against the home team.

Dec 2, 2005
London
Don't know how anyone can argue with those reds.

The first he has lunged studs up, knee height with both feet off the ground; it couldn't be any more dangerous.

The second Jervis and Goodwille would have been 2 on 1 with the 'keeper.

Are you watching a different video to me?!

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I recall Jervis 'buying' a red same side of pitch, oppo defence conundrum, away game I think, yet can't name that game; but not in cheating Lewi territory, imho.

First red is just dregs of daftness, can't have hurt being by the away dug ;)

Made for a turgid match however.

Sep 2, 2015
Kingsbridge
LostPilgrim":1xy7g3ue said:
Don't know how anyone can argue with those reds.

The first he has lunged studs up, knee height with both feet off the ground; it couldn't be any more dangerous.

The second Jervis and Goodwille would have been 2 on 1 with the 'keeper.

Are you watching a different video to me?!
Totally agree, the first one was dangerous so doesn't matter what time in the game it was, and Jervis with his pace was certainly clean through. The only thing Orient can moan about is the indiscipline of their players in a week when they probably needed some calm heads.