The fastest dismissal in English football! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The fastest dismissal in English football!

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
Hard to believe, but 23 seconds is not even close, about 5th, I think.

This was number one
LEE TODD, CROSS PARK FARM CELTIC VS TAUNTON EAST REACH WANDERERS, 2000 – 2 SECONDS

Interestingly, the fastest red card on record was not due to a dangerous tackle or physical aggression. Instead, Lee Todd was famously sent off for swearing straight after hearing the referee’s whistle. Standing next to the referee, Lee Todd reacted to his shock at hearing the starting whistle by shouting “F#*k me, that was loud!”. The referee rather oddly deemed it red card worthy and sent the striker straight back to the changing rooms.

Feb 2, 2007
fitz":2d5qnic7 said:

This was number one
LEE TODD, CROSS PARK FARM CELTIC VS TAUNTON EAST REACH WANDERERS, 2000 – 2 SECONDS

Interestingly, the fastest red card on record was not due to a dangerous tackle or physical aggression. Instead, Lee Todd was famously sent off for swearing straight after hearing the referee’s whistle. Standing next to the referee, Lee Todd reacted to his shock at hearing the starting whistle by shouting “F#*k me, that was loud!”. The referee rather oddly deemed it red card worthy and sent the striker straight back to the changing rooms.

That's hilarious! I'm sure this will be beaten one day. How fast was Chadwick's at Port Vale?

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
I have some sort of memory of our midfielder John Craven doing similar between 1976-78. I think he pole-axed an opponent in the centre-circle immediately on kick-off and got sent off. My recollection is that the Argyle crowd booed him off, rather than the referee. Perhaps memoryman might have details, or anyone else with a younger memory than mine.

Jul 7, 2005
Vinnie Jones after 3 secs while playing for Chelsea v Sheffield United in 1992 was the fastest in pro football I believe. Wonder if he had a bet on that?

Aug 10, 2006
fitz":2n9h14uj said:

This was number one

made me laugh that but what a tw.t of a ref.

Feb 3, 2016
fitz":2sswy5qj said:

This was number one

Believe it or not I was actually at that match. Just up the road from me in minehead somerset. Interesting claim to fame!!! Lee todd is actually a really nice bloke.

Feb 22, 2008
pilgrimB173":2plfi5dx said:
I have some sort of memory of our midfielder John Craven doing similar between 1976-78. I think he pole-axed an opponent in the centre-circle immediately on kick-off and got sent off. My recollection is that the Argyle crowd booed him off, rather than the referee. Perhaps memoryman might have details, or anyone else with a younger memory than mine.

I recalled it being John Delve, but that Micky Horswill quote has got me questioning myself! Bring on the memory man...

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
themightykeithfear":1zquml0i said:
early 80s Micky Horswill layed out a Hull player (his previous club) straight from the KO, but was only booked but got sent off later
It was Mickey Horswill (playing for Hull after he had left Argyle) who on the Ref blowing his whistle to start the game, ran straight across the Centre Circle and whacked Gary Megson up in the air for which he only got booked, even though it was obviously premeditated. But I think he did get sent off shortly after anyway.

Oct 14, 2015
Their manager has come out and said he didn't think it was a red card, the first one that is, yellow at most. Pathetic response in my opinion, I was there, it was horrendous. So be interesting to see if he appeals the decision then but not holding my breath..

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Remember the Mickey Horswill 'tackle' . Ball hadn't even left the centre circle and he went flying in knee high...I remember thinking wtf and that was years before the abbreviation appeared!!

Dec 21, 2010
Plymouth Combination League 1969 - Five minutes before kick off the referee comes in to the home team chnging room and one of the players says "Oh f***ing hell. Not you again ref". The home team start the match with ten men !

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
pilgrimB173":1blp0ffe said:
Sorry 173. Can't help at present as my online sources do not show any red cards. I was away at sea a lot around that time and have difficulty recalling things I haven't actually seen or read about close tot he time. Back in those days the Independent cuttings sometimes took 3 months to catch up with me. Football results we got on a signal - if the Radio Officers were interested in football!!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
According to Wiki Kevin Pressman holds the record in the Premier/football league with a 13 second dismissal so the Orient boy must be right up there with 23 seconds.