Twist & Shout Song ! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Twist & Shout Song !

Feb 24, 2008
My first game of the season last night v Leyton Orient ! How long have we been singing the Twist & Shout song ? Quite a groovy tune which was even sung by the older generation of fans there last night ! I thought the drummer at the back banging on the wall in between verses was superbly in time !

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Dec 21, 2010
Yes. It was born at Blackpool earlier this seaon, probably because we had a drummer who could lead and sustain it.

Feb 28, 2016
argyledad":3sn5vhfm said:
Yes. It was born at Blackpool earlier this seaon, probably because we had a drummer who could lead and sustain it.
For us it was. Stolen off of Coventry I believe who have been doing it for at least2 years.

Nov 4, 2012
Started away at Blackpool. Was awesome against Hartlepool after the equaliser. The entire Devonport was bouncing.

Jan 29, 2006
Bedfordgreens":2pjqru1l said:
My first game of the season last night v Leyton Orient ! How long have we been singing the Twist & Shout song ? Quite a groovy tune which was even sung by the older generation of fans there last night ! I thought the drummer at the back banging on the wall in between verses was superbly in time !

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

The singing of T & S is brilliant, I've heard it for quite a few home games this season & maybe I'm a little biased starting supporting Argo in the sixties. I think the Demport was rocking against Hartlepool & I'm looking forward to Yeovil - bigger crowd - & more T & S.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Sorry, but I've got to say this---football supporters generally rip the arse out of any half decent song. We only know half the words and sing it in a sort of tuneless blokey way just in case anyone thinks we are a bit 'effeminate'. Only time I've been impressed at a football event was Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma.

May 16, 2016
A quick youtube search will show it's far from being unique to us. As for who sings it best though......;)

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
May not be unique to Argyle, but in moderation its good fun and in my view definitely preferable to some of the more dreary and repetitive chants. As said above the singing of it after the Hartlepool equaliser was brilliant.