Newport: sold out. Appeals for spare tickets | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Newport: sold out. Appeals for spare tickets

Mar 3, 2012
Martin_Brock":1injzag5 said:
Given the size of Newport's ground and the amount of home fans they get, I think they'll welcome anyone in with open arms. Am looking forward to it as I haven't been to Rodney Parade before.

M

First time for me too, although I was hoping it will go to general sale for my mate to get a ticket!

:scarf:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Just got mine, never been there B4, although did somerton park a few times

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
John Cooper":3crsq91f said:

Somerton was Wembley in comparison John.

It really is a rugby ground that puts up with football. Two seasons ago in the rainy match, the clock only went up to 80 minutes!! :facepalm:

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":12yiuj5z said:
John Cooper":12yiuj5z said:

Somerton was Wembley in comparison John.

It really is a rugby ground that puts up with football. Two seasons ago in the rainy match, the clock only went up to 80 minutes!! :facepalm:

Correct! Compounded by zebrozski scoring the winner!

Jan 6, 2004
being a rugby ground has its compensations - there is a very good bar for away fans overlooking the pitch (although it is not always open for some reason)

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Hi all,

Just a little warning. Went to the ticket office today to try and buy tickets for the (main) Bisley stand. I was told that this was sold out (except for, bizarrely, one lone ticket).

Surprised that 600 tickets would be sold out for Newport in just two days, I went online, it turns out tickets for the main stand ARE available.

I went back to the ticket office after the game and was told that I could buy tickets online for the main stand online but they couldn't sell them to me there. This was NOT what I was told earlier in the day and the person in front of me after the match was told that only uncovered tickets were available which wasn't true.

I did find this poor customer service rather poor it must be said. However, the reason for my post was to offer advice to anyone looking to buy tickets for Newport.

Essentially, if you would like to buy tickets for the main stand (as opposed to the uncovered temporary stand) then it is worth ringing in or going online instead of stopping by the ticket office.

Surprised at the Phil. I got my ticket before the game yesterday and was given a choice of covered or uncovered tickets (a choice which somewhat surprised me). So somebody at the ticket office was clued-up.
Next question may be will the game happen if there is a lot of rain beforehand, given yesterday's at Rodney Parade was a weather victim and has a history of being a quagmire given its use for eggchasing.
Also intrigued to see Sean McCarthy has popped up as caretaker there following the dismissal of Warren Feeney. They seem to like their Argyle connection then...

May 8, 2011
For both the games at Newport that have been postponed so far the problem has been that a rugby match had been played there on the Friday night ripping the pitch which combined with the rain made the pitch unusable on the Saturday.
According to the fixtures the rugby team is away so unless there is a monsoon the match should be on.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Green_Flash":26gw6fxy said:
being a rugby ground has its compensations - there is a very good bar for away fans overlooking the pitch (although it is not always open for some reason)
The better Bar for a pre-match drink and food is the one at the top end of the second Rugby ground at the far end from where the away fans sit behind the goal. It's very rugby-orientated but they have got Sky Sports and BT Sport to watch if there is a live lunchtime game on before the match. The locals are also pretty friendly in there from my experience.

If you can't get an away ticket, you should still be able to easily get one for the Home part of the main stand; just don't cheer until at least the 4th goal or else you will upset the locals.