3 Years On, 2 Players left! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

3 Years On, 2 Players left!

Feb 2, 2007
Name them....

(Excluding Wotton who is of course not playing anymore)

From Programme on 7th September v. Bristol Rovers (Home)

Some gems in the squad
- Rommy Boco
- Andre Blackman
- Hamza Bencherif
- Neal Trotman
- Andres Gurrieri

From those that have left the club only Hourihane and Nelse are playing at a higher level and I doubt any of the others would get into Adams team.

Feb 2, 2007
Yes those are the two, well done- amazing turnover of players but also heartening to see the step change in quality throughout the squad. At the time we played Bristol Rovers we were lower mid table, had already lost three league games from 5 and were one place above Torquay!

Think Jamie Reckord may have been the least able in that particular squad...

Oct 19, 2013
My daughters first match and consequently one of the reasons I'll always have a soft spot for Reuben!

Feb 2, 2007
thatsdarts":wp75fxis said:
My daughters first match and consequently one of the reasons I'll always have a soft spot for Reuben!

Pretty average game as most of that season was. Remember the 0-4!-at home to York as a particular low point although we did bizarrely win at Fleetwood 4-0 a few weeks later. Two defeats to Exeter didn't help- at least that can't happen this year.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Just goes to show how many mediocre to poor players there are trying to eke out a living following their dream.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Luke is already well up the appearance list (27th overall) and, if he stays fit, could possibly make it to 400. Purrington has age on his side and if he proves good enough to play for 10 or 11 seasons he could get to 400/450. But will we ever see anyone make it past 500 appearances and threaten Kevin Hodges' record? Indeed, will anyone new to the club over the past couple of seasons, or for that matter any future signing, even threaten Curtis Nelson's 238 starts/8 sub record? It does seem that the attitude to longevity either from club or player is different than it was some years ago..

Feb 2, 2007
memory man":35fl25kh said:
Luke is already well up the appearance list (27th overall) and, if he stays fit, could possibly make it to 400. Purrington has age on his side and if he proves good enough to play for 10 or 11 seasons he could get to 400/450. But will we ever see anyone make it past 500 appearances and threaten Kevin Hodges' record? Indeed, will anyone new to the club over the past couple of seasons, or for that matter any future signing, even threaten Curtis Nelson's 238 starts/8 sub record? It does seem that the attitude to longevity either from club or player is different than it was some years ago..

From the current crop I hope Carey threatens Nelson as I would imagine we would be around Champ level in 3 seasons time if that is the case. Would be happy if Garita does too based on his 83 mins so far! Bradley could be become a five/six season type to as could Oskar.

A few on the books are itinerant and/or follow the manager around- Jervis, Songo'o, Slew, Miller, etc so much will be dependent on Adams longevity.

C

Cobi Budge.

If I had to compile a team & bench from the last 3 or 4 years with no loan players, the majority of places would be filled with those who are currently in our squad. The only two exceptions would be Nelson & Hourihane. We've recruited very well this season.