Season's high tide mark | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season's high tide mark

J

Jambo

I actually think that the experience of last season where we let a significant lead slip will help us in the long run. There's no way DA and the coaching team will let complacency creep in. However, I believe the telling factor will be the bigger squad and keeping everyone fresh and competitive should ultimately see us over the line. That's what I hope anyway!

Oct 11, 2014
A lot of league two sides have gone for smaller squads, so when injuries and suspensions start to take hold with no emergency loan's then they will slip up

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I certainly think last season's experience will help us this season. Equally, it'll temper fan's expectations as well!

No one's going to get too carried away ...

Feb 2, 2007
I've posted it before and I'll post it again but JANUARY is the key no matter what our position at the half way mark

If we are in Top 3 on New Years Day we then need to retain and recruit talent to get us through the last 4 months- last year our inability to do that, then injuries to Brunt and Carey as well as failure to recover by Reuben contributed to our slide in form. The signing of Nardiello epitomised a reactive and uncertain approach in Ring last year. Matt's signing almost mitigated it and scraped us up but it wasn't enough. This year we need to plan for all eventualities!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
+11 pts and +9GD on Notts County in 8th. (out of playoffs)

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
There is a reason to be excited but naturally most Argyle fans will be pessimistic. Individuals in this squad aren't as good as individuals from last season, but this team has a lot more grit, physicality, and slightly "nastier" side to it than the team last season. The goals are coming from all over the team, we are scoring from set pieces and still ripping teams open with our passing. The winter will swiftly be upon us, and teams with smaller budgets and smaller squads will not be able to bring in loan players when some of their players get injured. That's our advantage, (because of our large squad) however we must maintain this standard of performance, and I think we might just do it.

John Cooper

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
a win against the lesser port on Saturday will begin to sew seeds of belief.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
LeonTheGreen":1owix4j1 said:
There is a reason to be excited but naturally most Argyle fans will be pessimistic. Individuals in this squad aren't as good as individuals from last season, but this team has a lot more grit, physicality, and slightly "nastier" side to it than the team last season. The goals are coming from all over the team, we are scoring from set pieces and still ripping teams open with our passing. The winter will swiftly be upon us, and teams with smaller budgets and smaller squads will not be able to bring in loan players when some of their players get injured. That's our advantage, (because of our large squad) however we must maintain this standard of performance, and I think we might just do it.

Disagree , after 12 league games i think we look pretty good in comparison to last year .

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Before you get too excited, the ONLY reason for this thread is that last season there was a great deal of discussion as to how big a gap we blew on the run in. Whilst I sincerely hope this won't be the case this season it might be worth keeping a track of our progress in particular against the two points of interest. The first being automatic as champions and the the second against automatic in the top three. I personally have no wish to be I the playoffs come season's end as I don't wish to see what weird and wonderful way we will find to blow it a third year in a row.

Currently, 5 points is a reasonable gap but we haven't really got daylight yet. Form, whether good or bad is not the point of my thread- only how it bears up to those immediately around us so even if we lose 3 on the bounce, if those around us lose three or four we're maintaining or bettering our position.

This is also not me saying how good we are, we can all have our own opinions about that.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
One week on.

Still +5 pts and +1GD on Doncaster in 2nd.

Now +8 pts and +3 GD on Portsmouth in 4th (out of automatic).

And now on the 15th October after the 2-2 draw at home to Portsmouth.

3 points and 0 GD on Doncaster in 2nd. Down 2 points from last week

7 points and +1 GD on Luton in 4th. Down 1 point from last week.

High point still +5 and +1 GD on 2nd.

Jun 12, 2006
After todays result we are now doing almost exactly the same (if anything slightly worse) than last season.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2015-10-17

As of October 17th last season:

Played 13, Won 9, Drawn 2, Lost 2, Goals for 21, goals against: 9, points 29

As of tonight

Played 13, Won 9, Drawn 2, Lost 2, Goals for 21, goals against: 11, points 29

Our lead to fourth place was the same (seven points).