James saves us a point | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

James saves us a point

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I've just been texted a Youtube clip of James Wooding's 'ball boy' save that resulted in Argyle's 89th minute equaliser against Pompey. Argyle players have shown their appreciation.

I can't do links but I am sure someone will find it and post it on here.

A brilliant story!!

M

Monkey Nuts

Brilliant moment for the lad! I remembering watching it happen, but there was so much going on, I didn't remember that it lead to the goal!
With that unofficial assist, he's quite literally earned us a point that could be crucial come May!!

I'd tip my hat if I had one!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That's a cracking story, well done James and the club.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Monkey Nuts":vj0yj6jq said:
Brilliant moment for the lad! I remembering watching it happen, but there was so much going on, I didn't remember that it lead to the goal!
With that unofficial assist, he's quite literally earned us a point that could be crucial come May!!

I was sat in the Devonport and thought fair play to the lad for stopping the ball and cheered it. Completely forgot who close it was to the equaliser!

The shot from the Barn Park shows how much curl that shot had on it too

Jan 27, 2012
Yes the ball boy certainly made a difference ! Good job.

PS- Its interesting to see the goal from that camera angle. It looks different. Also, it must be anoying being a Portmouth fan with all that jingle-jangling going on all the time.

M

Monkey Nuts

Ross":6w776fs3 said:
Monkey Nuts":6w776fs3 said:

I was sat in the Devonport and thought fair play to the lad for stopping the ball and cheered it. Completely forgot who close it was to the equaliser!

The shot from the Barn Park shows how much curl that shot had on it too

Exactly. Will turn out to be one of the moments of the season, especially with the quality of the finish!

Jul 29, 2010
Good lad :clap:

That's the sort of story that should be all over the weekend football programmes. Instead it'll be the usual inane premiership irrelevances that get covered.

Don't know why but it calls to mind once when the opposite situation occurred at the Goldstone. Leeds were chasing the game and the ball went out at speed at head height right towards a ball boy (well ball man as it happens, bit odd). He didn't move to catch it but executed a perfect flick header to send the ball up behind him and into the crowd. Leeds went nuts :lol:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
I also seem to recall when Mariner was manager, he gave a poor ball boy a right four-letter rollicking for returning the ball too quickly for an opposition throw when we were just about hanging on near the end of a game.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
But he did apologise shortly afterwards, it was right in front of me.

Jan 7, 2013
Remember the game against Colchester in the 96 playoffs? Only a few minutes to go when James Dungey caught the ball on the touchline after jumping up from next to the dugout and quickly launched it to Richard Logan who took a long throw down the line to Barlow who skinned his man and put the cross in for Williams.. Goal!
We wouldn't have got to Wembley if it weren't for James Dungey.

Well done to the young ball boy on this occasion too!