It's all a fluke | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

It's all a fluke

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
They are probably on County's boards wondering how on earth they lost the game as they were when they lost to Donny. It's incredible how everything can conspire to leave such an outstanding team languishing 11 points behind us.

Jul 29, 2010
I enjoy being 11 points above Pompey as much as the next person.

I would however point out that last season we had a much healthier point advantage at times, yet we ended up at Fratton Park kicking off in the play-offs as equals.

Point is, pride comes before a fall, and we fell last time round. Before we 'lord it up' over others maybe we should remember that and keep our pride quiet, wear it on the inside save for a broad smile :smile:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":30qrlibf said:

I would however point out that last season we had a much healthier point advantage at times, yet we ended up at Fratton Park kicking off in the play-offs as equals.

Point is, pride comes before a fall, and we fell last time round. Before we 'lord it up' over others maybe we should remember that and keep our pride quiet, wear it on the inside save for a broad smile :smile:

Absolutely. The time for crowing will be when we are at least 4 points ahead of the team in 4th place with only one game left to play.

Jan 27, 2012
Other teams below Argyle are also in good form.

There is a 9 point gap between Argyle and 4th place. We saw last season how the table can change very quickly after a couple of straight defeats. And that's probably going to happen at some point.

The point I'm making is that Argyle NEED to keep winning if they are going to finish in the top three. There are plenty of competitive teams in the upper part of this league.

May 16, 2016
It's Saturday night. I'm sure we can be excused a Gloatette, just one at a time to keep it below the radar though :)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Far from crowing after last season's collapse. My comments were aimed more at the condescending and superior attitude of the Pompey fans on here last week.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":3nthw1q1 said:

We were more than 11 points clear of Pompey last season??

Sep 6, 2006
gaspargomez":2o07m6f7 said:
Other teams below Argyle are also in good form.

There is a 9 point gap between Argyle and 4th place. We saw last season how the table can change very quickly after a couple of straight defeats. And that's probably going to happen at some point.

The point I'm making is that Argyle NEED to keep winning if they are going to finish in the top three. There are plenty of competitive teams in the upper part of this league.
No sh%t Sherlock!

May 8, 2011
I believe Derek Adams is the guest at Senior Greens on Thursday, perhaps someone could ask him is he as paranoid and riddled with angst about being top of the league as we fans are.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
HC Green":3bfwvk46 said:
I believe Derek Adams is the guest at Senior Greens on Thursday, perhaps someone could ask him is he as paranoid and riddled with angst about being top of the league as we fans are.
As SOME fans are.

Some of us are just enjoying the ride.