(When are the) Next batch of shirts in the club shop | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(When are the) Next batch of shirts in the club shop

May 18, 2006
pl7
Anyone have any idea of when this is likely to be?
Simply says October on the site and its very much approaching the end of Oct now.

Oct 29, 2005
Deadline for pre-orders was end of September , ordered 2away shirts myself , no idea if a month is a realistic turnaround to be honest , but we'll be contacted as soon as their in. Not desperate for me as presents for the 25th of Dec (can't bring myself to say it yet) , but keen to see them.

Jul 10, 2013
I went into the club shop toward the end of September and they said 'by the end of October' to me. Surely they would have an arrival date by now?

Pip

Mar 31, 2004
Maidstone
I'm waiting for 2 that I pre-ordered and have been checking the shop online from time to time. I think (maybe wrong) the wording on the advert changed just recently from 'back in stock October' to 'back in stock November'.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Luckly Pre ordered mine In July and got one on release day At Start Of The Season

End Of October for The 2nd & Final Batch I think

Sure Will be plannning for next season soon hopefully for League 1

Jul 10, 2013
Not very good really seeing as I paid for a shirt 2 months ago which I don't actually know when I'm going to get...

Jul 13, 2006
Can anyone confirm if these are just pre-ordered shirts or ones going on general sale as well. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2010
NJS37":wzjwt4pr said:
Not very good really seeing as I paid for a shirt 2 months ago which I don't actually know when I'm going to get...
You were in possession of that fact though when you handed over payment. It's hardly an injustice.

And if you'd pre-ordered in the summer then you'd have had a definitive date, the first game.

Jul 29, 2010
foreigner":4a6k0elq said:
Can anyone confirm if these are just pre-ordered shirts or ones going on general sale as well. Thanks.
There will be, but how many is down to how risk averse or otherwise Argyle were when they placed the order.

Whatever is available for general sale won't hang around for long i'm sure. When the order was placed I doubt Argyle imagined we'd remain unbeaten while they waited for production and delivery. The level of interest in buying shirt must surely be greater when the team is doing well.

Whatever they ordered there'll be moans. Too few and they've 'wasted the opportunity to make good money', too many and 'they've wasted good money'. Wouldn't have envied the poor sod who made that decision.

Jul 13, 2006
No-ones going to moan that there's too many shirts in the shop!
"You know what, I went in the shop the other day and there were loads of shirts in every size available- unbelievable."
Only at Argyle lol.

Jul 10, 2013
X Isle":pxieharz said:
NJS37":pxieharz said:
You were in possession of that fact though when you handed over payment. It's hardly an injustice.

And if you'd pre-ordered in the summer then you'd have had a definitive date, the first game.

It's not an injustice however when you pre-order something you should be given a rough date, not a span of 60 days through October and November! I usually get a shirt for my birthday last week so I was going to wait but they were out of stock in August so I figured I'd have to get it on the next order, or never.

Jul 29, 2010
foreigner":1089031e said:
No-ones going to moan that there's too many shirts in the shop!
"You know what, I went in the shop the other day and there were loads of shirts in every size available- unbelievable."
Only at Argyle lol.
Sounds odd when you put it like that, but the bad old days of knocking out stock for £20 then a tenner meant Argyle made a big loss on each shirt. If Argyle went nuts and ordered thousands it'd cost us badly.

Jul 29, 2010
NJS37":2d5u2vrt said:
X Isle":2d5u2vrt said:
NJS37":2d5u2vrt said:

It's not an injustice however when you pre-order something you should be given a rough date, not a span of 60 days through October and November! I usually get a shirt for my birthday last week so I was going to wait but they were out of stock in August so I figured I'd have to get it on the next order, or never.
Sorry, but more fool you for not picking up on the massive demand and getting your interest in early.

But, for the record, are you blaming Argyle for keeping the real date they've been told to themselves or blaming the international mega brand Argyle are slaves to for not giving a firm commitment on delivery?

You are the most culpable, it's been like this for years with good shirts. Puma are next for their poor customer service. Poor old Argyle are the least culpable i'm afraid.

The customer should always come first but Argyle are a customer too, and in that relationship that adage couldn't be further from reality. Ditch the mega brands, who don't give a poo about the likes of us, and a more local retailer could fulfil regular, tailor made orders and quicker. Not impose minimum orders, high margins and vague delivery dates.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I think the Club needs to take a hard look at how they run their retail operation. Replica shirts should be in stock in the summer for the following season - that's something that Clubs both larger and smaller than Argyle manage to achieve. The Club must be losing out on a lot of potential sales. Its no good just blaming the suppliers, you need to have agreed delivery times set several months in advance.

It doesn't just apply to shirts either I went in the shop looking for a rain jacket a few games ago, nothing between small and extra large and on coats generally there was nothing smaller than a large size. On the other hand sale rails were chock full of t-shirts, etc.

I know its easy to moan, but equally its not really good enough.