Argyle Reserves | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle Reserves

Jun 24, 2011
Just a thought that occurred to me but what do the other clubs in the SWPL think about Argyle having a team in their league? Isn't it a little similar to the whole 'B-team' debate? For the record I am completely against the 'B-teams', but was just curious about how this was different.

May 8, 2011
Somerset_Pilgrim":9hphcei6 said:
Just a thought that occurred to me but what do the other clubs in the SWPL think about Argyle having a team in their league? Isn't it a little similar to the whole 'B-team' debate? For the record I am completely against the 'B-teams', but was just curious about how this was different.

Most appreciate the extra gate receipts and Argyle aren't the the first reserve team to play in the league as Tiverton Town reserves also play in the SWPL.

Jun 24, 2011
So how high do you have to go up the football pyramid before having a reserved side would be unacceptable? North/South Conference? I'm sure extra gate receipts was a reason for the big clubs saying it would be a good thing with the B-teams argument.

May 8, 2011
Somerset_Pilgrim":jdp215tq said:
So how high do you have to go up the football pyramid before having a reserved side would be unacceptable? North/South Conference? I'm sure extra gate receipts was a reason for the big clubs saying it would be a good thing with the B-teams argument.

No idea, but I'm sure St Austell will appreciate the income from the extra people at the game tomorrow.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The difference is that the SWL decided, on a democratic vote, that the pros outweighed the cons. It seems likely that the EFL clubs will vote against with a democratic vote.

Jan 6, 2004
No idea, but I'm sure St Austell will appreciate the income from the extra people at the game tomorrow.

How is that different from saying we would appreciate the income from the extra people watching Man United reserves in a League Two fixture?

I think the integrity of the football pyramid would be best served by reserve teams playing in reserve leagues at all levels beyond local football.

Jun 24, 2011
Interestingly there is an article in this months fourfourtwo about this very issue. Obviously can't do a link as its in old fashioned print but it raised some valid points. Does smack of double standards a little.