Parkin's goal. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Parkin's goal.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Would just like to say that it was similar to the one Peter Crouch scored for Stoke City a few seasons ago.If an Argyle player had scored it,we would be raving about it for ages,fortunately,it did not affect the result of the match,still, a great goal by any standards.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hell of a goal! If that was scored in the 'EPL' they'd be waxing lyrical about it for days.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":2rkv3983 said:
Hell of a goal! If that was scored in the 'EPL' they'd be waxing lyrical about it for days.

If Exshitter scored it it would be a miracle. :lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
How can it be that good if both Luke and DA say he should have saved it?
Then it would have been mentioned as a good effort.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
first error was Sonny trying to out muscle him and nick it off him... should have let him bring it down and made him lay it off. we had the extra man so there was no need to do that. it was a good strike but Luke was out of position, got his bearings all wrong and didn't really know where he or the goal were. So in my opinion, a good strike but 9/10 keeper would save it.

Oct 14, 2015
Oh come on it was a cracking goal. If GC had done it you'd be having wet dreams for weeks. Credit where credit is due...it was a beauty and clearly intentional.

It's not a problem giving a player from another team a bit of pat on the back you know if they do something special

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Luke could have done better, perhaps, but considering where Parkin was I'd say his positioning was OK. You don't expect a keeper to be on the goal line when the striker's beyond the side of the penalty area with a man on him. It was a snap shot out of absolutely nothing and an absolute worldy. A brilliant goal.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
He could try it another 50 times and it wouldn't come off again. Luke stood little or no chance of stopping it.

Nov 4, 2012
Take nothing away from Parkin, the technique was sensational and to score from there like that takes some doing. However Luke really should be saving that and I don't think you can call it a great goal. Thought Rooney's similar strike v Poolie's was much better.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Welwyn Pilgrim":2zxb298r said:
Oh come on it was a cracking goal. If GC had done it you'd be having wet dreams for weeks. Credit where credit is due...it was a beauty and clearly intentional.

It's not a problem giving a player from another team a bit of pat on the back you know if they do something special

Surely if you had wet dreams for weeks that would be Messi wouldn't it?

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
McC mistake.
Newport scored.
We scored more, doesn't matter

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":yibgl81e said:
He could try it another 50 times and it wouldn't come off again. Luke stood little or no chance of stopping it.

He had no chance of saving it because he was out of position. A keeper shouldnt be beaten by a shot from 35 yards.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's in line for Goal of the Week, so somebody agrees with us.

Jan 27, 2012
Parkin has always been dangerous when playing against Argyle. I would have been quite happy if Adams had signed him at the beginning of the season. Despite his age and lack of mobility, he can still cause problems for any L2 defence. A bit like Akinfenwa, except slightly fitter and a better footballer.