in praise of jimmy spencer | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

in praise of jimmy spencer

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
just watched the newport highlights again.this man has such fantastic ball control and vision.look at his sublime touch and pass for the first goal and his through ball to graham for the third,and he is having to play in an unaccustomed role as well!wow,we have such a good squad this season.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Completely agree. I thought he was terrible when I first saw him in our first few league games how wrong was I?

A very, very clever player.

Mar 8, 2016
Absolutely. He's playing well, I hope he can start adding a few more goals to top off his all round play because his performances deserve it.

R

robinsonm87

Hard working and technically very good. 1 of many good forward options we have now

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I sometimes wonder if we expect too much early on. As well as being pro footballers they are people too. By the nature of their work they mainly have to lead a peripatetic lifestyle. They suddenly arrive in a new place, in Jimmy's case having moved almost from one side of this island to the other. They don't know their way around, they have to find somewhere to live and most everyone they meet is a stranger. Okay, doubtless the club and the existing players do their best to help people settle but moving with your job is an uncertain time in any man's life. And some of these lads have to do this once every 12 or 24 months.

Aug 15, 2015
It took me 90 minutes and just 1 game, against Leyton Orient, for me to see a player in there. I likened him to Bergkamp in style and people laughed at me.

:shh:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Steve Evans":3b50382g said:
just watched the newport highlights again.this man has such fantastic ball control and vision.look at his sublime touch and pass for the first goal and his through ball to graham for the third,and he is having to play in an unaccustomed role as well!wow,we have such a good squad this season.

Lets not forget the work Jervis did in the build up for the 3rd.

Simple question, would Reid have bust the gut to get back to challenge for the ball, that Spencer eventually sliiped down the line toward Carey?

I think not.

Agree, the Squad is gelling nicely.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Shoenice":1i9ehvuf said:
It took me 90 minutes and just 1 game, against Leyton Orient, for me to see a player in there. I likened him to Bergkamp in style and people laughed at me.

i agree with your summation.he is just like bergkamp. :thumbup:

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Steve Evans":32hu21ns said:
Shoenice":32hu21ns said:

i agree with your summation.he is just like bergkamp. :thumbup:
Yes, exactly like Bergkamp. Come on please....

May 8, 2011
John Cooper":snv5svna said:
Steve Evans":snv5svna said:

Lets not forget the work Jervis did in the build up for the 3rd.

Simple question, would Reid have bust the gut to get back to challenge for the ball, that Spencer eventually sliiped down the line toward Carey?

I think not.

Agree, the Squad is gelling nicely.

According to a report on the game posted on the Argyle website Jervis scored twice!

Apr 21, 2012
Malvern
Spencer did look excellent against Newport, and his effort embodies the work ethic of the entire squad.
This was excellently highlighted by Jervis who put a couple of tackles in, especially for the third goal- is this really the same Jervis as last season?

Dec 2, 2005
London
I think the way we set up for away games he's the player we would miss most if he was unavailable. Great hold up play but then fantastic vision to go with it. Similar in end result to the last #9 we got promoted from this league with, although football has moved on a bit since then to make a direct comparison!