championship managers | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

championship managers

Oct 24, 2014
2 more sacked today , wolves and wigan, this always makes me feel worried, im sure some will sniff around our boss sooner or later :thumbdown:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Wolves thing did make me think, I must admit.

Although DA has achieved zero yet, so I think we're safe this season at least.

S

Staniforths perm

Don't think Wolves have the common sense to go for a manager like Adams, they will go for a big name.
Wigan worries me more although would hope Derek would turn them down.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Staniforths perm":1y5kmi7c said:
Don't think Wolves have the common sense to go for a manager like Adams, they will go for a big name.
Wigan worries me more although would hope Derek would turn them down.

He'll be with us for ages unless he changes his name to Giovanni Adami, then he'll be snapped up by a 'top' team! ;)

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Wolves are a big club aren't they, and wee Wigan still have ample funds I'd guess.

A Millwall or a Charlton maybe, but this year would seem unlikely.

Apr 6, 2009
Luckily it would be pretty expensive to buy him out right now since he signed the 5 year contract

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
katkin":1zql7mgf said:
Luckily it would be pretty expensive to buy him out right now since he signed the 5 year contract

Not necessarily...Paul $turrock signed a five year deal and within a couple of weeks he was gone...If Wolves approach Argyle to talk to Adams then he will be gone...big club,his head will be turned.

May 8, 2011
I wonder if Scunthorpe, Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon, Carlisle Luton etc fans have these worries about their manager?

Dec 2, 2005
London
oddball":207s6ou8 said:
katkin":207s6ou8 said:

Not necessarily...Paul $turrock signed a five year deal and within a couple of weeks he was gone...If Wolves approach Argyle to talk to Adams then he will be gone...big club,his head will be turned.

He had a clause that he could speak to Premiership clubs if they came in for him. Different situation to a League One/lower championship club now.

As IJN said he hasn't achieved anything this side of the border and there are plenty of unemployed options for clubs to pick up for £0 compensation.

Like with Sturrock, we can start worrying if we're flying high in League One. Which I'd take over where we are now any day of the week!

Aug 29, 2008
Local papers suggesting Allardyce for Wolves. Might be rubbish but it suggests they may be looking in different directions...

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
How about, instead of coming out with all the "if the money is right, he'll be off" crap, have a bit of respect for Derek Adams.

Adams has stated on more than one occasion that he wants to "build the club" at Argyle and that is exactly what he has started to do.

Nobody on here, or any other site, knows what he gets paid, so there is no point in all the speculation crap.

He was royally fudged over at Ross County, having taken the club to the SPL, he wanted to keep the club there. The directors thought otherwise and wanted Ross County to become a "community club"...Adams didn't and they sacked him, via his father!

I would prefer to think of Derek Adams as an honourable man and a man of his word. I also believe that James Brent is an honourable man and will back Adams, when required to do so. Derek Adams will, imho, be at Argyle for the long haul.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I wonder if Tony Bloom Chairman of Brighton every thinks about setting up a game of poker against all the other Chairman, surely it would be easy money, some are just stupid, some just panic at the first sign of trouble.

The appointment of Zenga suggests Wolves are run by a basket case and sacking Caldwell after getting promoted as Champions just a few months ago is crazy. I'm sure these guys see Warnock get a new job win a couple of games and think to themselves its as easy as that.

I would wager if you gave the Chairman of Wolves and Wigan a piece of paper and told them to list 50 "realistic" managers they would like to interview, DA's name wouldn't make the list.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
If you judge the actions solely on publicly available information and opinion, some do seem odd.

Managers stating managers should be given more time is always a nonsense isn't it. It's up/down there with players saying it's a results business - a poor game is a poor value ope irrespective of statistics, and poor games stop folk attending, so not just results is it. But the argument's still peddled, presumably so the participants can break sweat fewer times to take home the same/more pay.

DA's name wasn't on Brent's 50 was it? Until DA did something about it.

I know we all hate the P word at Argyle, but if you were a manager of DA's ability, would you really be excited by the options currently available elsewhere, versus the opportunity to properly make a name for yourself by converting our potential and doing what he did at Ross County?

I see DA as a thinker and planner who thinks long term, hence the willingness to sign a four year contract. Great respect for the bloke.