Debts | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Debts

Jan 27, 2012
I have just been reading the Herald. It appears that Argyle are around £4 million in debt. Sounds quite a lot to me !

How much has this improved the situation from a few years ago ? Does anyone know if there is a strategy in place to wipe out these debts eventually?

What a shame the club didn't get a slice of the Bolasie transfer fee !

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
gaspargomez":2llgw830 said:
I have just been reading the Herald. It appears that Argyle are around £4 million in debt. Sounds quite a lot to me !

How much has this improved the situation from a few years ago ? Does anyone know if there is a strategy in place to wipe out these debts eventually?

What a shame the club didn't get a slice of the Bolasie transfer fee !

To be honest Gaspar I couldn't make head nor tails of the article--unless I had a copy of the accounts in front of me it would be impossible to comment. What we should take out of it however is that this was the situation as at the end of December 2015 so it doesn't include the £500,000 investment made by one of the directors since then and of course it won't show the ground as an asset (hopefully appreciating in value over the next few years) in the balance sheet. It also includes depreciation on naming rights etc. which distorts things a little. It does show an increase in the operating profit over the previous financial year which is good---I suspect the accounts for year ending 2016 will look a little different.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The accounts were published two weeks ago and are only dated up to December 2015. They show a deficit of £2.67m from £2.56m from the previous year.
The debt is in house and not to external businesses or banks as happened in the previous regime, James Brent has taken on the debt through his Natatomisam company, it's not repayable for five years. There's no way JB will put the club in any danger.

The latest financial information was from the club statement in August where the club said it had a turnover of £6 million and a surplus (profit) of £800,000, which was probably helped by the play-off and Wembley games.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Thanks Postey. The Herald article is terribly put together and doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Does anybody have a copy of the statement that the public can view?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Creative accountancy at its best.