Let's give Derek Adams until Christmas to sort this out | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Let's give Derek Adams until Christmas to sort this out

Aug 5, 2016
Just been reading the feedback from yesterday's game.

About our 'dismal' manager, and his sheer persistence in using a lone striker even when a handful of fans who have been watching Argyle for over 5 seasons and know a fair bit about tactics have been pleading with him for AGES to play two.

I can accept winning games by one goal away, but to win by just one goal at home match after match is growing tedious and quite unacceptable.

However I honestly think he needs to be given a few more months before we think about changing the management team.

This is a completely new squad and it needs time to gel, and we need to be forgiving before dishing out P45s to Adams, Brewster and Wotton.

If Derek can't win games by more than one goal then maybe we need to have a serious think about bringing back John Sheridan and the formidable 3-5-2 that won us so many games and points, even getting us up to 7th spot that memorable season.

Forget drawing with Pompey 2-2, remember when we trounced them 3-0 on Sky Sports 2 and Mellor had that performance. Little Lewis Alessandra dancing around the box, Reuben running their whole back 4 ragged. Wonderful times!

However I have faith that Derek can sort this out himself without a management change, or a Director of Football. He needs time. He needs time to find the next Dominic Blizzard and Neal Trotman and players like that. It takes high quality scouting networks, solid training regimes. It don't happen overnight.

Let's keep the faith and give Derek the support he needs to make this work. We all have rocky patches in our careers and Derek Adams is clearly going through his own spot of turbulence. Things aren't working on the pitch, we can all see that. Maybe Brewster and Wotton can sit him down and brainstorm where things are going wrong and put things right.

But as fans, let's show patience and give Derek time!! Maybe one day two strikers at home and a few 3-0 wins will come back to Home Park!

COYG!!

Jan 8, 2006
It is posters like this that cause me premature baldness (not the other type) in frustration by pulling out what little hair I still have on my head. The title of the post sums his comments up precisely. What happens when Xmas arrives, and we are still top of the league and maybe have surpassed the 1929 record? I know we pushj him up the tightest chimney we can find and stuff a red hot poker up his behind. You should be damn grateful we have DA at our football club. He has achieved so much in so little time.

Aug 2, 2011
What a load of bo----ks. So if we win every game from now on by a single goal he should be sacked! So will you be happy if we lose games 4-3 just cause we scored more than one goal. As far as I am concerned and I suspect most regular attendees all we care about is 3 points to get out of this league.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Totally agree. Some dire football being played, it's not all about results.

We bottled it last season and I can see the same happening again this year, it's obvious. Don't know why Adams can't see it.

Acclaimed manager Sam jones is free, we should snap him up before some championship side do. We need a young charismatic manager, not a drunk old Scotsman.

Aug 5, 2016
Stuart House":mp9yo4qe said:

We bottled it last season and I can see the same happening again this year, it's obvious. Don't know why Adams can't see it.

Acclaimed manager Sam jones is free, we should snap him up before some championship side do. We need a young charismatic manager, not a drunk old Scotsman.

Samjones for gaffer and Up the Line for assistant manager!!

COYG

Aug 2, 2011
Stuart House":3br83jsw said:

So its not all about results - I have heard it all now. Lets also cut out the abusive / offensive comments re DA.

Aug 5, 2016
kernow19":38l4vnkt said:
I suspect a few people have been well and truly Whoooooooooooooshed here.... unless I have. :D

Haha, just a bit of tongue in cheek fun on my part.

Never have I read so much drivel as yesterday, considering we had just won 35 out of 39 possible points. Reasons to be cheerful, obviously not for some!

Criticism of the manager, the formation, his late subs, the flukey winner, his lucky win - all a bit bewildering in the circumstances. Anyone would have thought we were going through a run like Sunderland or had just lost 5-0 with fans leaving early.

Lord knows what Derek Adams actually has to do to win some fans around and convince them he knows what he's doing!!

COYG

Mar 8, 2016
kernow19":2bcde8wi said:
I suspect a few people have been well and truly Whoooooooooooooshed here.... unless I have. :D

Haha it seems so, I senced a tone of sarcasm in the op, bourne out of frustration from reading some crap that's been posted by certain people, names mentioned in above posts.

Jan 8, 2006
Dear Mr House

You are obviously too thick to realise the significance of the words you have just written and published. I just hope for your sake you have substantial evidence to back up what you have just written. I request that the mods on this forum pass this on to DA if he is not already aware of this. I have taken a screen capture of it. There are laws in this land, specifically libel ones. The penalties for breaching these can be significant.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1nny9v5w said:
Just been reading the feedback from yesterday's game.

About our 'dismal' manager, and his sheer persistence in using a lone striker even when a handful of fans who have been watching Argyle for over 5 seasons and know a fair bit about tactics have been pleading with him for AGES to play two.

I can accept winning games by one goal away, but to win by just one goal at home match after match is growing tedious and quite unacceptable.

However I honestly think he needs to be given a few more months before we think about changing the management team.

This is a completely new squad and it needs time to gel, and we need to be forgiving before dishing out P45s to Adams, Brewster and Wotton.

If Derek can't win games by more than one goal then maybe we need to have a serious think about bringing back John Sheridan and the formidable 3-5-2 that won us so many games and points, even getting us up to 7th spot that memorable season.

Forget drawing with Pompey 2-2, remember when we trounced them 3-0 on Sky Sports 2 and Mellor had that performance. Little Lewis Alessandra dancing around the box, Reuben running their whole back 4 ragged. Wonderful times!

However I have faith that Derek can sort this out himself without a management change, or a Director of Football. He needs time. He needs time to find the next Dominic Blizzard and Neal Trotman and players like that. It takes high quality scouting networks, solid training regimes. It don't happen overnight.

Let's keep the faith and give Derek the support he needs to make this work. We all have rocky patches in our careers and Derek Adams is clearly going through his own spot of turbulence. Things aren't working on the pitch, we can all see that. Maybe Brewster and Wotton can sit him down and brainstorm where things are going wrong and put things right.

But as fans, let's show patience and give Derek time!! Maybe one day two strikers at home and a few 3-0 wins will come back to Home Park!

COYG!!

Haha. I got half way through thinking you're a total knobber before it clicked. Well done :)

P

Paul

kernow19":2ctpkckb said:

I hope some of the responses to the OP were playing along rather than missing the giant flashing neon sarcasm signs.