Youngsters play Stoke Gabriel Tues and Parkway on Fri | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Youngsters play Stoke Gabriel Tues and Parkway on Fri

Feb 9, 2013
Argyle's SWPL team has two 'home' fixtures at the Devon FA headquarters ground, Coach Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 1EJ, next week:
ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29 v STOKE GABRIEL (ko 7.30pm)
This game is in the 3rd round of the Walter C Parson League Cup competition.
AND ON FRIDAY DECEMBER 2 v PLYMOUTH PARKWAY (ko 7.30pm)
This is a Premier League fixture. The earlier meeting of the two teams at Parkway attracted the top attendance in the League so far this season, 636. I wonder how big the crowd will be for this return game?
Directions: From Newton Abbot town centre, take A381. After about half a mile turn left into Bradley Road, then at T-junction turn right into Coach Road. Entrance to ground is approx. 200 yards on left.

May 8, 2011
The U18 team are home to Newport County (at Tavistock) on Tuesday 29th November with a 1pm KO.
Potentially 2 games in one day for some of the youngsters.

May 8, 2011
Argyle v Stoke Gabriel
1-0 to Argyle, free kick by Jack Calver, one that Carey would have been proud of.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
WCP CUP PAFC 1.0 Stoke Gabriel 13 gone.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
58" Latest - still 1-0 to @Only1Argyle Res v @StokeGabrielAFC the first whitening starting to fall on the pitch - our 125 fans holding out

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Corner Flag Bar ‏@cornerflagbar 2 minutes ago

82" Latest - last ten & @StokeGabrielAFC are going to kick themselves for missing some great chances - still 1-0 to @Only1Argyle @swpleague

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Devon FA ‏@devon_3 minutes ago

F-T & @Only1Argyle Res hang to defeat a very strong @StokeGabrielAFC 1-0 to make it into the last 8 of the Walter C Parsons Cup @swpleague

Feb 9, 2013
Argyle line-up v Stoke Gabriel:
Michael Cooper
Billy Palfrey Harry Dowling Elliott Crawford Jack Calver (sub Adam Randell)
Ryan Lane Ben Steer Tom Purrington
Matthew Ward Luke Jephcott Billy Caske

Feb 28, 2016
HC Green":33t9ybwo said:
Argyle v Stoke Gabriel
1-0 to Argyle, free kick by Jack Calver, one that Carey would have been proud of.

To be honest I wish Carey would score a few more free kicks that Jack Calver could be proud of! Just how many has Carey scored for us?! I've said it before but for my money, if not at anything else, Calver is the best set piece taker we have on the books and has been since the minute Tyler Harvey walked out the door. I hope that his injury which seems to be a reoccurring one, isn't too serious and I hope he can bounce back quickly although, I'm sure Ryan Law will be more than up for it against Parkway, after last time if need be.

I quite enjoyed the game, I know the Under 18s played earlier in the day but I was surprised to see we didn't have at least one of Rose/Bentley at centre- half although I thought Downing and Crawford done a good job and they had a fair bit to do as well, Cooper looked as assured as ever I've seen Purrington play RB a few times and thought he's done not half bad. Last night was the first time I've seen him in midfield which I believe is his favoured position and I thought he had a good game all things considered and the smart money must be on him being offered an apprenticeship next season. Jephcott battled away admirably but often seems to get isolated, Bill Craske always likely to create something great pace and vision but I don't ever fancy an high scoring game if we don't have Battle and/ or Fletcher playing.

Looking forward to Friday now.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Did any players play in both games on Tuesday?

Feb 28, 2016
I would be surprised if there were any, although I wasn't at the youth game so can't say for sure. We have enough to cover two games with: Calver, Steer, Palfrey, people like Fletcher Williams and fringe first team players eligible for the SWPL, add bringing U16s like Purrington and Randell into the fold and we should never have to see anyone need to play two games in one day! I would imagine a couple of U16s would have involved in the earlier game as well. A fair few who weren't involved last night were there as spectators.