The new (ish) Mayflower | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new (ish) Mayflower

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Underwhelmed if it is. Papering over the cracks will only add to cost in the long run

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Absolutely and a bleddy kick in the teeth to thousands of supporters who have been promised a new Grandstand for donkeys years now.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Yeah, interesting to see how this will work?

Given the size of the current grandstand, will we be able to get the capacity to over 20k?? I say yes!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
And interesting that Simon H is the spokesman not the Chairman.

So many false dawns so far in this area before. I will only believe it will happen when work is actually started.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Potentially good news. I've said before thet decent conferencing is the key, just like the Chiefs up the road. In my role with my previous employer, an international investment firm, I used to host seminars around the south west and there is a dearth of decent venues in most of the cities from Truro, through Exeter,Taunton, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham and Plymouth of course. When the Chiefs opened everyone who wanted conferencing in Exeter went there due to access/parking/facilities and it was often fully booked by govt bodies such as the NHS.

If Argyle get that bit right it could be a real money spinner. The rest of the original plans (shops/ice rink/hotel/cinema) did seem a bit superfluous to me as I am convinced that conferencing always will be in demand if it is done properly. We won't take much business off the Chiefs but there is plenty of demand out there in every city.

May 16, 2016
Hopefully it'll be fit for purpose.

Cant open it on my phone, just get a constant stream of adverts :(

Nov 2, 2004
Great,I have allways preferred the idea of refurbishing the old lady rather than the crap new thing.Mr Hallett is making all the right noises.

Dec 22, 2015
Sounds a bit of a cop out by the sounds of it.

I am sure I read a few weeks back possibly in the Herald that James Brent didn't want to 'referb' and waste money when the whole structure needed rebuilding.

Will be interesting to see what this 'referb' will include either way.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well that sounds pretty fantastic.

I love the idea of keeping the essence of the grandstand (and that facade) while being modern and comfortable. Hopefully like Fenway Park in Boston.

If we can combine the old grandstand with the new horseshoe in an attractive way, I think we will be very lucky and in a far better situation than those clubs with soulless out of town bowls.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Plymouth85Green":3qxjpfyl said:
Sounds a bit of a cop out by the sounds of it.

I am sure I read a few weeks back possibly in the Herald that James Brent didn't want to 'referb' and waste money when the whole structure needed rebuilding.

Will be interesting to see what this 'referb' will include either way.

It's not just a refurb.

Just calling it refurbishment is under-stating the scope of work.

"It will be a very attractive building, I think, when it is completed. It will have conferencing facilities, offices for our staff and it will have facilities for our players.

"It's going to be something between a complete knock-down start again and refurbishment. A major upgrading is probably the good way of putting it."