Argyle v Newport matchday thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle v Newport matchday thread

Oct 14, 2015
Newport seem to be a club in a bit of turmoil at the moment which could be a good thing for us today.Their manager, Graham Westley comes from the same mould as Ainsworth, could start a row in a empty room. He's only been there 5 minutes and Apparently he's resigned only to change his mind 24 hours later,a board an member has quit cause they couldn't work with him, players have fallen out and Jon Parkin has left the club. A club in a mess?? Let's hope so.

Feb 2, 2007
Welwyn Pilgrim":wmhu8v1u said:
Newport seem to be a club in a bit of turmoil at the moment which could be a good thing for us today.Their manager, Graham Westley comes from the same mould as Ainsworth, could start a row in a empty room. He's only been there 5 minutes and Apparently he's resigned only to change his mind 24 hours later,a board an member has quit cause they couldn't work with him, players have fallen out and Jon Parkin has left the club. A club in a mess?? Let's hope so.

This is all true but he has a decent track record at this level and Newport have improved since we last played them. They have bought in a couple of loanees and not sure if they are available today.

With our recent form I'd be wary of anyone and Cup or not we need a positive result today to restore some faith.

Apr 4, 2015
hopefully a nice distraction from the league pressure, i hope da lets the brakes off and has a go today. Nothing to lose, dont want a replay and the exciting possibility of drawing a big name next round, no excuses not to go for it imo. coyg.

Jul 29, 2010
freddie2greens":1jnfvpwd said:
hopefully a nice distraction from the league pressure, i hope da lets the brakes off and has a go today. Nothing to lose, dont want a replay and the exciting possibility of drawing a big name next round, no excuses not to go for it imo. coyg.
Spot on, go for it Derek, you never know, you might find that elusive attacking home set up while you're at it.

Alarm set to remind me i'm not in GMT, you just know otherwise i'll settle down at 3pm local time and just get the tail end of Brief Synopsis :facepalm:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
nick_PASTIE":25v0tsqg said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":25v0tsqg said:
This is all true but he has a decent track record at this level and Newport have improved since we last played them. They have bought in a couple of loanees and not sure if they are available today.

With our recent form I'd be wary of anyone and Cup or not we need a positive result today to restore some faith.

Loanees? There are no loans outside the transfer window? Do you mean he's signed players that weren't under contract at any club?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Goodwillie starts up front, Garita not in squad so must be cup tied which indicates he is going back to Bristol City in January.

Songo'o is at centre back and good to see Fox back. Will Osborne ever start a game?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
CywblKFXUAERC4h.jpg:small

Very inexperienced bench

-------------

Image courtesy of PAFC Twitter account. Admin.

C

Cult Of Personality

Songo at the back is going to be bad. What's wrong with Osborne

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Would prefer Jervis as the target man up front with Goodwillie out wide right since he is no target man but I don't suppose this will happen.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Can someone help me i'm normally really hyped for a game of football.

But today i really do not feel remotely interested

But obviously i hope we win i just lost interest in the cup.

Perhaps there are too many cup games now who knows

Apr 30, 2011
I can't see why we are persevering with Songo at centre back. It was taking him out of midfield that started the tidal turn in results. Songo in midfield personified what was good about us when we were on our good run - combative, disciplined, aggressive and simple but effective. At centre half he lacks the pace, height and positional sense to be as effective.

Feb 15, 2005
Well another chance for DG to show he can make an impact! His only good performance was against Newport.