Worrying | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Worrying

May 3, 2016
I know it was the FA Cup and not a league game, but today we were very poor against a poor 10 man team.
Yes we have players injured, so did Newport, Doncaster next week worries me, who will score our goals?
Invest in the January transfer window or it could be a repeat of last season, I saw nothing today to inspire me, I had left before the team were booed off.
Let's not have the best grandstand in the fourth division - promotion this season, nothing less, we have waited long enough.
ODDBALL for president.
:crazy:

Note from Site Admin - Please do not use Higher Case in the subject line - Thanks!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I think it's a case of being found out.

For the 3rd successive home game we have had to watch our team labour in vain against a hard-working, well-organised team of journeyman Division 4 footballers and today, struggling Newport did it playing with a man short for 70 minutes to prove how ineffective and lacking in creativity we are.

There was no indication whatsoever of it being 11 v 10 for so long.

1 goal in games and that came from a full back and today, their Keeper did not make a meaningful save until the 90th minute.

Feb 2, 2007
Normally when a player gets sent off it's the full backs that make the difference as they see more of the ball. Miller is not a player who can exploit a numerical advantage IMO.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
We can't score. Again. It's been difficult to get excited either way this season to be honest because the team - despite the good run - just doesn't seem to be that great. I hope some of our attacking players other than Carey can start functioning soon. We have loads of strikers on paper but what have they given us so far? Tactics might be against them sometimes but good players should surely be able to find a way?

Mar 23, 2008
When you have players that don't suit your preferred formation and tactics, perhaps prudent to change them?

Jul 29, 2010
Deacster":1ftln203 said:
When you have players that don't suit your preferred formation and tactics, perhaps prudent to change them?
There does seem to be a criminal reluctance to change things. With the injuries mounting it would seem our only hope of salvation is limping through to January when we then acquire the right players for the formation.

...but he didn't do that last year when we started to struggle, what hope this time round.

I can console myself with rum on a Caribbean beach today, it hurts a whole lot less. But next week it's back to a 500 mile round trip to Home Park. Hearing he was even reluctant to change things for a cup game fills me with dread over what Donny will do to us.

Mar 23, 2008
X Isle":r143g1mv said:
Deacster":r143g1mv said:
There does seem to be a criminal reluctance to change things. With the injuries mounting it would seem our only hope of salvation is limping through to January when we then acquire the right players for the formation.

...but he didn't do that last year when we started to struggle, what hope this time round.

I can console myself with rum on a Caribbean beach today, it hurts a whole lot less. But next week it's back to a 500 mile round trip to Home Park. Hearing he was even reluctant to change things for a cup game fills me with dread over what Donny will do to us.
Think most fans have faith in Adams alongside Brewster and Wottsy BUT when you see identical set ups each week regardless of the opposition and players at their disposal it does make you wonder. Change nothing and nothing changes for groundhog Argyle.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Think it might be time to revive the "Does Adams know what he is doing" thread.

Even some of the green tints are beginning to doubt him now.

Jul 12, 2016
Perhaps the thread should read "do the players know what they are doing "Is DA trying to get players to perform above their capabilities?

May 3, 2016
If they are not capable what are they doing here?
But after todays performance I get what you mean.
Oddball for president.