Resign, Sacked and Over Reaction | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Resign, Sacked and Over Reaction

Mar 14, 2009
Whilst Adams has big issues to resolve, and he is probably about to face the most crucial transfer window of his reign at Argyle, l do find the calls for him to resign or be sacked very strange.

We are 3rd in league two. Not bottom or even mid-table. We have been fortunate to accumulate 38 points but still after 19 games even with large slices of luck in a number of games we have a good start to the season.

We have a transfer window approaching and this is where things can change drastically. You only have to look at similar spells that Adams had with Ross County for Adams to turn things around in the transfer window.

So whilst we are angry, disappointed and dis-heartened about the way Adams is handling the current predicament we can turn things around with some quality signings.

And whilst Adams does seem to be the fall guy maybe he is experiencing this outrage due to his own over achievement with such a limited budget. For when you look at what he can bring in its free transfers who have very limited ability. Given the budget, maybe 3rd place is over achieving. We might not accept this as fans or like it but that could be the real issue. Our financies can't stand up to the ambition of the fan base.

However, what we can expect better of is the quality of the football. We were promised an attacking style of play. You don't need money to set your team up in a way they can be achieved. You don't need money to get your players to cross a decent ball into the box.

If you sacked Adams would this really be the answer? What happens when the new manager has a dip in form or doesn't get off to a good start? Sack him? Whilst l don't think you can keep allowing him to continually keep making the same mistakes he has only been in the job for less than 18 months.

Whilst l am far from happy with what I am seeing as a fan you got to have a backbone and support the club and the manager in some tough times. By all means be critical. Yet when they sit in the league in such a decent position it seems strange to over react and call for the mangers head at this present time.

Give Adams the January window to change the squad and find some much needed answers. I think he has deserved the right to at least get time from the fan base to find a better balanced team especially after he lost so many players at the start of the season.

Feb 2, 2007
Not strange- trolls, keyboard warriors, opinions borne out of frustration, wind up merchants, jokers, Exeter fans, Colin Lee.

Mar 14, 2009
HC Green":37w94z60 said:
Most crucial of his reign, he hasn't been manager for 18 months yet!

It will be his 4th transfer window and l think fans are now expecting him to add players to our current squad who can provide a stronger spine our spine team.

Nov 4, 2012
Apart from UTL, who talks the most b#llocks out of anyone on PASOTI, I haven't seen anyone on this forum calling for DA to go.

Oct 14, 2015
I'm shocked and embarrassed that there's talk about resigning and sackings. It was only three weeks ago today I left Crewe Alexandra's ground along with about another 1200 of the GA in a very happy and jubilant mood having come from behind to win 2-1. Now 21 days later there's talk from some about getting rid of DA. Staggering.... What would that achieve??

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I'm sorry, I can't agree with you MGM.
Adams had a whole summer to shape his team and bought in something like 14 players so to say that, just 4 months later we should give him a chance to have another go at finding some players who work is a bit wooly for me.
And I'm not buying all this 'punching above our weight' stuff with reference to budget..players like Goodwillie and Carey aren't earning a pittance and we have a pretty big squad to pay this year.
I just think he's a manager who relies on plan A and when that gets found out he has to chuck more and more players at it til it does...as demonstrated by the farcical use of Goodwillie as a lone striker.

The opportunity was there this afternoon, in a one off game, against a team who are rock bottom and have their own injury woes, and who went down to 10 pretty early, to surprise the opposition...try a new approach. But instead Adams relentlessly ploughs on with his 'tried and tested'.

I'm sorry, but when you see Argyle defending corners against 10 man Newport with all 11 players in our box it tells the story perfectly. Even Westley's team, supposedly masters of the dark arts, niggly negative timewasters who come to spoil, even they at 10 men left a striker up when defending corners.

So I don't think lack personnel is the problem, but more a deep reluctance or stubborness in the manager to try different methods. Which is very odd given how he was supposed to have spent a year looking at the different ways other managers worked.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
up_the_line":fvp18ylq said:
I'm sorry, I can't agree with you MGM.
Adams had a whole summer to shape his team and bought in something like 14 players so to say that, just 4 months later we should give him a chance to have another go at finding some players who work is a bit wooly for me.
And I'm not buying all this 'punching above our weight' stuff with reference to budget..players like Goodwillie and Carey aren't earning a pittance and we have a pretty big squad to pay this year.
I just think he's a manager who relies on plan A and when that gets found out he has to chuck more and more players at it til it does...as demonstrated by the farcical use of Goodwillie as a lone striker.

The opportunity was there this afternoon, in a one off game, against a team who are rock bottom and have their own injury woes, and who went down to 10 pretty early, to surprise the opposition...try a new approach. But instead Adams relentlessly ploughs on with his 'tried and tested'.

I'm sorry, but when you see Argyle defending corners against 10 man Newport with all 11 players in our box it tells the story perfectly. Even Westley's team, supposedly masters of the dark arts, niggly negative timewasters who come to spoil, even they at 10 men left a striker up when defending corners.

So I don't think lack personnel is the problem, but more a deep reluctance or stubborness in the manager to try different methods. Which is very odd given how he was supposed to have spent a year looking at the different ways other managers worked.
i have to agree with the essence of this post.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I honestly can't believe there needs to be a thread, today was bad but let's not go overboard, we're still in a very good position at this point in the season; one good result, a decent signing or two in January and we'll be off again.

Come on people!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Ollieargyle9":3j2nh5v0 said:
I honestly can't believe there needs to be a thread, today was bad but let's not go overboard, we're still in a very good position at this point in the season; one good result, a decent signing or two in January and we'll be off again.

Come on people!

Why is it always signings and new players that must be the answer to the slump?
How many players did Adams bring in over the summer? And before you start saying that a lot of them are just 'squad filler' as has been stated on another thread, just weeks ago people were banging on about how this season was going to be so much different because of our 'strength in depth'.

When I see Adams start to make use of his supposed year of study on the 'art of management' to use some of the many different approaches and systems he must have made notes on ("he's very meticulous"), rather than the same format and tactic time after time until the opposition know exactly what to expect, then I might start to give him some slack.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
MGM - Who is actually calling for Adams to be sacked?

However, it's no wonder that many of the fans are so frustrated and angry, Adams appears to have learnt nothing from last season. It's the same old same old.

Regarding the budget being used as an excuse, unless Adams or anyone else can actually show us the budget sheets of all 24 teams in Division 4, please stop pedalling this nonsense about our supposed low budget. There is an element of the Brexit campaign here who kept on about an extra £350 million for the NHS which people believed because it was said so many times.

To cover his shortcomings, Adams is insulting our intelligence in trying to convince us that we are "punching above our weight" by trying to get out of Division 4 and some people are actually believing him! How dare we be so ambitious after 6 seasons.

Plase don't patronise long-suffering fans by telling them to grow a backbone. After 6 years in the basement, our crowds are still amongst the best in our Division and better than some in the Division above. In the circumstances, our crowds have held up quite well and have been very patient, but that patience is beginning to run out with some in the fanbase as it appears we might have to wait some time yet to get out of the basement.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
oldage":1uf5orhr said:
Up_the_line ,spot on. DA promises a lot but when the going gets tough?

Gulp.
One man's 'speaks the most bllks on pasoti' is another man's 'spot on '.