Reasons for optimism | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reasons for optimism

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Beat Doncaster next week and we could well go top again. There's also every chance we'll go to Newport playing for a plum tie in round 3. I'd fancy us to play much better away from home anyway in a more open game (we battered them a few weeks ago there). Wiping the grin off of that prat Westley should be incentive enough!

Football can change quickly, we're having a rough patch but the vast majority of teams in the league would still swap with us.

Jul 29, 2010
I admire your optimism, I don't however share it.

Nothing changes if you change nothing. With personnel and tactics unlikely to change, where will this upturn in fortunes come from?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not in the knee jerking surrender monkey camp. In my book the achievements of the manager and the players up to Grimsby means they are owed our trust and support to turn things back round.

I just can't in all honesty see it happening as quickly as you suggest it could happen without something (or someone!) changing course.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
At least we shouldn't get relegated no matter how bad the slump is, surely ?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Every day above ground is good day.

Dec 20, 2011
samjones":2a2zn19h said:
:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
At least we shouldn't get relegated no matter how bad the slump is, surely ?

20 points to safety! :whistle:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We can't be Newport town, at home against 10 men yet we're talking about beating arguably the leagues best team next Saturday

Feb 2, 2007
Tugboat":2d9v4p0t said:
We can't be Newport town, at home against 10 men yet we're talking about beating arguably the leagues best team next Saturday

Magic of the cup, eh?

Happier than Bristol Rovers fans tonight...

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Being optimistic I really do think we have a chance of containing Donny to just 3 goals on Saturday if we park the bus.

Whatever happened to Fortress Home Park :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Tugboat":gfsg19ov said:

Carlisle lost to Newport and according to the league table, they're better than us.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Rooney and Fletcher on the pitch. My signature says it all. :scarf: