Training - Medical team - Warm up | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Training - Medical team - Warm up

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Not to criticise I just wonder whether the warm ups training and medical advice is the best it can be
Whilst we are losing players to serious unavoidable injuries we surely shouldn't be having as many hamstring pulls and groin strains these are preventable with a correct programme
Remember under maxi we had very few injuries of this type

It's now happened two seasons on the trot have the management tried to change things or is it the same old same old

Currently the medical team do not seem to be performing by helping to prevent injuries and or getting players back quickly

I think Bulvitis came back before being ready and that's directly responsible for why he wasn't in form and then got injured quickly after
When you look at Osborne Sawyer Garita Purrington none have returned from minor pulls quickly

No mention of when we can expect brunt to be fit, who in my opinion if we can get back to last season levels could be a beast in this side

May 16, 2016
I was thinking along these lines and asked a similar question in the "Hang em high" thread earlier.

We do seem to be getting a lot of injuries at same stage of the season as last year.

Not doubting the fitness of the players just that they seem a little brittle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Over the last few years players seem to get injured and then stay injured.
Adams had double training sessions last season (I'm not sure about this season) which kept the team fitter than a lot of other teams and he recently said that due to the injuries this season he has slightly altered his training programme.

He has to find a balance between keeping the players ultra fit and ensuring tired legs are not susceptible to injury.

May 8, 2011
There were only 3 players out with minor injuries yesterday of which 2 were first team regulars.
Seems the physio staff can't win as they get their judgement questioned if players are rushed back or if they keep players on the injury list for longer than people think they should be.

May 16, 2016
HC Green":3vo01xka said:
There were only 3 players out with minor injuries yesterday of which 2 were first team regulars.
Seems the physio staff can't win as they get their judgement questioned if players are rushed back or if they keep players on the injury list for longer than people think they should be.

I'm more interested in the prevention of the injuries seen this and last season (outside of getting clobbered by some opposing player), I've read somewhere a comparison to when 'Maxie' was the physio and his particular warm up routine preventing a lot of the common injuries associated with playing football.

Don't think anyone unqualified to do so, is questioning the judgement of the staff regarding treatment.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Exactly. It is/has been a problem for Arsenal too, and I would have thought their medical/physiotherapy team would have been top notch. I suppose we read into this that when your fitness luck is out you are stuffed, but Arsenal has greater reserves of players to help them through with less impact than at Argyle

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Quintrell_Green":36r2agxl said:
Exactly. It is/has been a problem for Arsenal too, and I would have thought their medical/physiotherapy team would have been top notch. I suppose we read into this that when your fitness luck is out you are stuffed, but Arsenal has greater reserves of players to help them through with less impact than at Argyle

I wrote this on another thread, sorry for repeating. Ex Arsenal players apparently thought that the training surface used was too hard and was responsible for many injuries. I'm not sure what type of surface Argyle train on but grass is kinder on the muscles than an artificial surface. Also it is easy to point the finger at the Physio and his team, but they will inevitably come under enormous pressure from the coaches and management to get players on the pitch--and ultimately they will overrule the medical team's advice (which will always be conservative) if they think it is necessary. They will also reserve the right to blame the medical team if as a result of this the player gets re-injured :) The Argyle Physio is hugely experienced, but I suspect he is in a no win situation.

Aug 2, 2011
Eden green opens his thread by saying "not to criticise" and then goes on to do exactly that. By all means criticise but please do not open with a total contradiction of what tou are posting.

Apr 15, 2015
Presto":lgs8sf1a said:
Eden green opens his thread by saying "not to criticise" and then goes on to do exactly that. By all means criticise but please do not open with a total contradiction of what tou are posting.

With all due respect and not meaning to be rude, but what sort of idiot doesn't know that's how you get away with having a pop at someone- start with a platitude!

NB this post is intended as a pop at general usage of the English language, not at any other poster on the thread.

Aug 2, 2011
Might be a good idea to look up the definition of a platitude - a meaningless boring statement. Edengreen opened with a statement wihich he goes on to contradict.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Just to clear this up, I am not criticising the medical staff, However questioning if the methods could be contributing to injuries.
My methods of starting the thread like this was to open the debate, which is not meant as a direct complaint of the medical staff but a question from someone un-educated in sports science to someone on a debate forum who may like to advise.

Some people do make me wonder why they bother to post anything if every little comment is dissected in such a way. No wonder Argyle fans are so fickle !