Starnes - Resources Available for Transfer Window | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Starnes - Resources Available for Transfer Window

Aug 5, 2005
From the Herald website - Martyn Starnes says Adams has funds for the January window

DEREK ADAMS will have the scope to sign players for Plymouth Argyle during the January transfer window on both permanent contracts and loan deals.

Starnes said: "I have had discussions with Derek already. He knows that there is resources available to bring in players, whether they are on contract or whether they are on loan."

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/martyn- ... story.html

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Bogle could do a job for us or Akinde....wonder which one we will sign...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I heard both of them are gagging to leave their clubs to play for us. So you might be right Alan.

'Where's all the money going' eh??

May 3, 2016
There's a first Oddball right??

Good to hear funds available, looks like the board can see what the fans can see, this team will not get us promotion, injuries or not.

Couldn't take another season in the fourth division, or another Wembley trip.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Asked if he would like to join Argyle, his reply was "tell that fella Adams to come and sinus"
:tumbleweed:

tonsk

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1imi30bp said:
Starnes said the same last season.

Good PR for the board but I will believe it when I see it.
Money was given to DA last season. I believe after the new year we saw Forster, Matt, Houghton, Boateng and Nardiello ( :facepalm: ) arrive. You can't blame the Board for how DA spends the cash.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Keepitgreen":2fbg0bzz said:
Knibbsworth":2fbg0bzz said:
Starnes said the same last season.

Good PR for the board but I will believe it when I see it.
Money was given to DA last season. I believe after the new year we saw Forster, Matt, Houghton, Boateng and Nardiello ( :facepalm: ) arrive. You can't blame the Board for how DA spends the cash.

Only Forster & Nardiello signed in the window. The other three were loanees later on after we collapsed from the top 3. The impression I got was that we'd try and make do on the bare minimum and then when it wasn't working funds miraculously became available again.

But yeah, Adams doesn't appear to be the strongest in signing defensive players. He only signed one of our back four last season. And when Forster came in as cover centre back he was useless.