Doncaster : Bulvitis ruled out UPDATE - only Slew back? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Doncaster : Bulvitis ruled out UPDATE - only Slew back?

Dec 3, 2005
Steve.PAFC2012":318cmop9 said:
Judging by Grimsby and Barnet Osborne HAS to play now surely with Songo'o back in midfield?

You WOULD think so , wouldn't you, BUT DA decides lol

Feb 2, 2007
djg145":xvp7rxop said:
Steve.PAFC2012":xvp7rxop said:
Judging by Grimsby and Barnet Osborne HAS to play now surely with Songo'o back in midfield?

There seems a big assumption that Osborne is fit enough for 90 mins L2 action. He had no pre season and has only had a handful of reserve games and a bit of first team action.

I am assuming he is being wrapped up in cotton wool to prevent a reoccurrence of injury

Jul 29, 2010
nick_PASTIE":129h84ez said:
djg145":129h84ez said:
Steve.PAFC2012":129h84ez said:

There seems a big assumption that Osborne is fit enough for 90 mins L2 action. He had no pre season and has only had a handful of reserve games and a bit of first team action.

I am assuming he is being wrapped up in cotton wool to prevent a reoccurrence of injury
You might be right. But even if he's only good for 45/60 it's surely better to start your best available players. We do want to win don't we?

If we save him and go a goal or two behind because Songo'o is back there, not protecting the back four, we might just as well all go home, our set-up is for counter attacking and Donny won't attack.

If we get ahead through having a solid set up we can revert back later if Ossie's legs go and hope to hold on.

It's all too conservative to me to willingly send out a weak defensive set-up just in case of injury. If he's fit enough for the bench, he's fit enough to start and worry about fatigue later.

Feb 2, 2007
X Isle":2nbi8xl7 said:
nick_PASTIE":2nbi8xl7 said:
djg145":2nbi8xl7 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2nbi8xl7 said:

You might be right. But even if he's only good for 45/60 it's surely better to start your best available players. We do want to win don't we?

If we save him and go a goal or two behind because Songo'o is back there, not protecting the back four, we might just as well all go home, our set-up is for counter attacking and Donny won't attack.

If we get ahead through having a solid set up we can revert back later if Ossie's legs go and hope to hold on.

It's all too conservative to me to willingly send out a weak defensive set-up just in case of injury. If he's fit enough for the bench, he's fit enough to start and worry about fatigue later.

The current injury "crisis" we should be looking at a back 3 with Tanner and Threlkeld as attacking full backs and 2 up front. 3 at back can be Miller, Bradley and possibly Songo'o. Carey, Fox and Smith midfield and Slew/Jervis up front. Doncaster are a passing side and won't go long/direct, which should give us a chance to play some football too.

Mar 23, 2008
X Isle":1gthjr6q said:
nick_PASTIE":1gthjr6q said:
djg145":1gthjr6q said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1gthjr6q said:

Too true but why do I get the feeling that come Saturday Songo will be CB, Goodwillie up top on his own, same formation, etc. Wouldn't it be refreshing if we gave them something to think about as opposed to playing into their hands as per their scouting report?

Deacster":25u1kuma said:
Too true but why do I get the feeling that come Saturday Songo will be CB, Goodwillie up top on his own, same formation, etc. Wouldn't it be refreshing if we gave them something to think about as opposed to playing into their hands as per their scouting report?

This, this, this!!! 100% agree! He'll do what he always does!

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Deacster":11lsq6tv said:
Carey in goal? :whistle:

Oct 14, 2015
Doncaster have scored in every game this season so we need to find some goals Saturday. Goodwillie is not the answer. They conceded 3 at Stevenage albeit they won 3-4 but shows frailties at the back..

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Welwyn Pilgrim":29fvvhk6 said:
Doncaster have scored in every game this season so we need to find some goals Saturday. Goodwillie is not the answer. That conceded 3 at Stevenage albeit they win 3-4 but shows frailties at the back..

They must be due a 'nil' then...