Mr Hallett - is anyone listening? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mr Hallett - is anyone listening?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Dear Simon

I post this here as you appear to read this site. Thanks for communicating through it. The missive below will appear vexed. I say it with a heart that is open, and that recognises that the club is trying to climb a massive mountain at the moment with limited resources. So forgive me. But I am vexed.

I have an issue that you may be able to help me solve. In fact I have a proposed solution.

Let's imagine the following metaphor. Tickets for Cheltenham are 'eggs'. Tickets to Liverpool are 'milk'

I believe you still have eggs to sell. There is no 'sold out' message in the shop window. But I can't buy eggs because there is a bloody great run on milk! I've tried buying milk. Very hard and with great time and effort. I haven't been able to buy milk. So I want some eggs.

I am incredibly frustrated, for several reasons. Firstly, I didn't manage to get any Liverpool tickets. That, you might reasonably think, is the luck of the draw and the club allocate them as fairly as possible. I believe and accept that. But I managed to get through 5 times for tickets after hundreds of dials only to be cut off. The outcome, sad. The process, shocking.

During the 'run on milk', some tickets I'd already brought (for Barnet) didn't arrive. 2 emails to your ticket office, 2 subsequently (a bit peeved) to your head of ops and not a breath of reply. Fortunately, Barnet sorted it out on my - and your - behalf. Nice. It's money, it's hard earned. Don't take good will for granted.

I can cope with the Liverpool farago. And just about the Barnet. But now I can't get tickets for my local game - which I have attended with my son every time we've played their in recent memory with no hiccup - even though said tickets appear to still be available. As an exile, I can't pop down the club and buy them. So I rely in other methods.

'But aaah' some people will say - the club indicated on Twitter that the tickets behind the stand were sold out. The only ones that were left were for the family and concessions stand! No problem, I reply - because I want TWO ADULT and TWO KIDS tickets. So I want the precise eggs you have left on sale. But you can't - for some bizarre reason - buy these online but only over the phone. So you ring and what happens........ Everyone is trying to buy bloody milk and you can't get through!!

So you see my conundrum. It appears that if you want to do any thing other than buy Liverpool tickets you are stuffed. And if you live away from Plymouth, you are royally stuffed. Therefore the basic law of supply and demand, that allows exchange of money for available goods, is usurped.

So a solution. As I can't reach you. Why don't you call me? As I've spent countless hours failing to make a simple transaction, and indeed trying to to resolve a previous issue where I had already been sold tickets, maybe you could PM me and I will give you my number to sort out tickets.

As they appear to still be available - take this as an order for four tickets for Cheltenham. Two adult and two childrens tickets. In precisely the part of the ground where tickets are still available. PM me and I will give you my number for someone to call me to sort it all out.

Is that OK?

I think there may be a few others like me.

Thanks.

B

Bonehead

Hi Simon's PA here, I've spoke to him and he has informed me to tell you that this is a football business and if you require milk and eggs you need to procure these items from a supermarket, I know of a very good farm shop nearby too.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
plymouth1970":3so7kwqv said:
Hi Simon's PA here, I've spoke to him and he has informed me to tell you that this is a football business and if you require milk and eggs you need to procure these items from a supermarket, I know of a very good farm shop nearby too.

Not very funny. There is a serious point being made here.

Regular fans (for years, since 1961 in my case), can't get through the fog that exists in trying to communicate with Argyle's on-line or telephone response system.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
I have a similar(ish) issue for tickets for the Ex*ter game, which I appreciate is far less pressing than FODG's predicament, but still important to me nonetheless. I have to move some seats around and purchase some more. Sadly the online system doesn't appear to let me do that myself otherwise I would gladly have sorted it, like a supermarket self-service till.

Because of the run on the phones (although I did try last Monday morning), I thought an email would be useful and someone could perhaps call, when there is possibly a spare minute.

Sadly no reply to the email (even just to say 'we're stacked, try again in two weeks', much less a call.

I expected nothing less, of course, but it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised for a change. We are, after all, trying to put money into the club.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
plymouth1970":64a18ilh said:
It's disappointing you chose to take the p*ss out of a very eloquent post. I thought he conveyed his point exceedingly well. It is hard to convey total frustration via the written word but this guy achieved it in spades.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
You can't ruin a fanbase without breaking eggs and ST Holders being mistreated shouldn't cry over spilt milk?

Mr H will be there on Wednesday, any of his friends and family that he wants to attend will be there.

Doesn't apply to us mere ST Members with 50 yrs+ attendance record.
Tough mam! Suck it up! Love from Your Club! :furious:

Mar 18, 2014
We're in exactly the same boat. Can't get through to the ticket office for love nor money, I have tried 27 times today, and my daughter similar. More than 50 phone calls for CHELTENHAM tickets. Very fed up, same as OP. :thumbdown:

May 8, 2011
Pogleswoody":2d58rc6x said:
You can't ruin a fanbase without breaking eggs and ST Holders being mistreated shouldn't cry over spilt milk?

Mr H will be there on Wednesday, any of his friends and family that he wants to attend will be there.

Hallett has tweeted that he won't be at HP on wednesday due to work commitments.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
HC Green":2uxxwuda said:
Pogleswoody":2uxxwuda said:

Hallett has tweeted that he won't be at HP on wednesday due to work commitments.

Oh right .... can I have his seat then?? ;)

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
HC Green":15yzt5fs said:
Pogleswoody":15yzt5fs said:

I actually don't care. I just want someone to listen. If Mr Hallett reads this and passes it or, or indeed anyone at the club does the same, happy days. I'm looking forward to getting a call .... Seriously.

May 8, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":cti207v5 said:
Dear Simon

I post this here as you appear to read this site. Thanks for communicating through it. The missive below will appear vexed. I say it with a heart that is open, and that recognises that the club is trying to climb a massive mountain at the moment with limited resources. So forgive me. But I am vexed.

I have an issue that you may be able to help me solve. In fact I have a proposed solution.

Let's imagine the following metaphor. Tickets for Cheltenham are 'eggs'. Tickets to Liverpool are 'milk'

I believe you still have eggs to sell. There is no 'sold out' message in the shop window. But I can't buy eggs because there is a bloody great run on milk! I've tried buying milk. Very hard and with great time and effort. I haven't been able to buy milk. So I want some eggs.

I am incredibly frustrated, for several reasons. Firstly, I didn't manage to get any Liverpool tickets. That, you might reasonably think, is the luck of the draw and the club allocate them as fairly as possible. I believe and accept that. But I managed to get through 5 times for tickets after hundreds of dials only to be cut off. The outcome, sad. The process, shocking.

During the 'run on milk', some tickets I'd already brought (for Barnet) didn't arrive. 2 emails to your ticket office, 2 subsequently (a bit peeved) to your head of ops and not a breath of reply. Fortunately, Barnet sorted it out on my - and your - behalf. Nice. It's money, it's hard earned. Don't take good will for granted.

I can cope with the Liverpool farago. And just about the Barnet. But now I can't get tickets for my local game - which I have attended with my son every time we've played their in recent memory with no hiccup - even though said tickets appear to still be available. As an exile, I can't pop down the club and buy them. So I rely in other methods.

'But aaah' some people will say - the club indicated on Twitter that the tickets behind the stand were sold out. The only ones that were left were for the family and concessions stand! No problem, I reply - because I want TWO ADULT and TWO KIDS tickets. So I want the precise eggs you have left on sale. But you can't - for some bizarre reason - buy these online but only over the phone. So you ring and what happens........ Everyone is trying to buy bloody milk and you can't get through!!

So you see my conundrum. It appears that if you want to do any thing other than buy Liverpool tickets you are stuffed. And if you live away from Plymouth, you are royally stuffed. Therefore the basic law of supply and demand, that allows exchange of money for available goods, is usurped.

So a solution. As I can't reach you. Why don't you call me? As I've spent countless hours failing to make a simple transaction, and indeed trying to to resolve a previous issue where I had already been sold tickets, maybe you could PM me and I will give you my number to sort out tickets.

As they appear to still be available - take this as an order for four tickets for Cheltenham. Two adult and two childrens tickets. In precisely the part of the ground where tickets are still available. PM me and I will give you my number for someone to call me to sort it all out.

Is that OK?

Thanks.

If you have a twitter account it may be better to tweet a version of this to him, as you will almost 100% certain he will see it.
@SimonHallett

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
HC Green":djlnu7cu said:
Forest of Dean Green":djlnu7cu said:
Dear Simon

Is that OK?

Thanks.

If you have a twitter account it may be better to tweet a version of this to him, as you will almost 100% certain he will see it.
@SimonHallett

I don't so if anyone wants to tweet him the link to this thread, feel free!

Aug 5, 2016
Great post. I want to go to the Liverpool match AND the Cheltenham match, and can't establish a method of ordering and paying for them.

If this cup fiasco has taught us anything, I hope it is that our online ordering system is inadequate, and ticket allocating structure has been unfair to exiles and away fans. To be bottom of the pile for the Liverpool game while ST holders all buy tickets for +1s has been sad to say the least. Also to be left with no other option but to use expensive rate phone lines and be cut off repeatedly.

Plenty of room for improvement.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
plymouth1970":2yt8g9on said:
A genuine Argyle fan with a genuine complaint and that's all you can come up with.

Sometimes, it's best to say nothing and leave people wondering that pehaps you might not be too bright, but you had to to confirm it.