This is our Night ! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This is our Night !

Apr 26, 2016
The players defended for there life's at Anfield to give us this Night .

Now we have to create a night to remember for them, irrelevant of the score, or if Liverpool take an early lead ... For sure Klopp will tell them to start
the game at hundred miles an hour to put this game to bed and for there superior players to stamp there authority on us.

Never before has a team needed its fans to stand up and be counted. We need to be unified and committed to causing a noise long forgotten at Home Park !
Liverpool 2000 away fans will be far noisier than they were at Anfield and will take some drowning out. So lets do it.

In my mind there is no way we can win this game ? been Argyle fan for 50 years. Cant even allow myself that little thought ! that miracles happen.

Although here we are playing Liverpool for the second time in a fortnight ! Already a miracle.

Aug 24, 2011
Former Arsenal striker and Sky Sports pundit Charlie Nicholas predicts a 2-1 win to Argyle.....

Quote:

I honestly do think Plymouth can cause an upset here. They were in good form at the weekend, putting four past a Stevenage side which have been fairly handy on the road this season.

I think Klopp will make loads of changes again to his tired-looking side. Liverpool are in need of a rest and I think he’ll prioritise the Capital One Cup and play a similar side to the one which failed to get the job done at home

Aug 15, 2008
If we start on the front foot and get amongst them it will whip the crowd up. If then the inexperienced liverpool players bottle it and play nervously we have a chance.
What price a carey thunderbolt putting us 1 up after 5 minutes?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Oh mate. Imagine it. Something like the Dwight Marshall strike against Burnley in the 90s, same crowd size, was epic. Hopefully the score won't end up the same!!!!

Jul 29, 2010
We had 'our night' at Anfield. The chances of us having two such 'nights' becomes a rank outside possibility multiplied by a rank outside possibility.

Our only chance is to set up exactly as we did at Anfield and hope Klopp fields as young a side as he did then that could do nothing with that huge percentage possession.

Doing anything different would be to do what MacManaman was screaming for, Argyle to commit footballing suicide. I don't believe Derek will do that.

The crowd need to be very patient, something that they have always struggled to be. We might, just might, get one or two opportunities but they'll be worth nothing if we don't primarily defend as doggedly as we did before.

It is highly unlikely we'll get anything from this on the pitch, the 'win' came financially.

Aug 15, 2008
Whilst i concur broadly with this i do not think its impossible to win. Unlikely but not impossible.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
The 1988 FA Cup Final when Wimbledon beat Liverpool's first choice team confirmed the old edict that "anything can happen in a one-off tie". And I think I am right in saying that Wimbledon's goalkeeper that famous day was also their captain? Wimbledon beat Mansfield on their way to Wembley. Are these omens? There were definitely a couple of Argyle connections in that Final. Clive Goodyear played for Wimbledon (he gave away the penalty that Beasant famously saved) and a few years later the Liverpool goalkeeper joined the playing staff at Home Park.

Apr 26, 2016
Totally agree X Isle, went to Liverpool expecting a spanking. Just need to enjoy the spotlight for one night.

Listened to a moaning supporter queued up for tickets last Tuesday how Adams was negative at Anfield, just shut my mouth.
Listening to poo this and poo that. part of football.

Lucas weekly wage only would pay the whole staff bill at Argyle for one week.
If we are in the game second half it would be fantastic. Under dogs get one chance 99% of the time.

A

acorn

I don't care about the result, yes it would be great to win and I don't want to get a hiding. It's about the occasion, spending time with my daughter and cheering on Argyle, win, loose or penalties. Now promotion, that is something i care about.

L

lambanog

No doubt some will take this the wrong way, but that's up to them. Reality is important here, yes Anfield was a wonderful experience both financially and for argyle to grab world attention ..HOWEVER the league is our bread and butter, which includes promotion. I feel by chance we beat Liverpool, then our concentration on promotion will be washed down the Tamar, sure put up a good display but let's concentrate on promotion