Liverpool fans | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Liverpool fans

Aug 15, 2008
Been on redandwhite kop fan forum. The general opinion is that we are a good bunch of fans and a good club. It seems we made a decent impression up there. Well done everyone - now to generate a home park atmosphere like colchester play off game, bristol city 86 et al.

Cant wait!

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Lets hope we show them the same respect as they showed us.

Sep 23, 2005
Agree, they treated us so very well and gave us a great day out. Dreading our troublesome crew turning up looking for a fight.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Echo this view. Hard to imagine but the last time they played a competitive game here (April 1962) there was no segregation. That said I do not imagine they brought that many fans that day - they had already won the Divisional Championship. However, for the big Spurs FA Cup game three months earlier, 8000 fans arrived from London and everyone mixed in together (in a 40,040 crowd)!

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I must admit i took time out to write to Liverpool, they were an example of professional and friendly. From staff employed near the train station to help and advise supporters. The stewards were first class and everything i encountered from the club and their support was geared to making sure that as an away fan i had the best day possible.
I really do hope our club make exactly the same effort - the people coming to Argyle will be real football fans, wanting to enjoy what is for them likely to be a one off experience and visit.
The club as a whole should be doing whatever it can to make itself respected. Who knows in L1 next season needing a player for a certain position we may benefit from our approach. Clearly on the pitch we should be snarling and aggressive, away from it doing our utmost to make an impression.

Sep 23, 2005
Voice_of_Reason":1u73pwjc said:
I must admit i took time out to write to Liverpool, they were an example of professional and friendly. From staff employed near the train station to help and advise supporters. The stewards were first class and everything i encountered from the club and their support was geared to making sure that as an away fan i had the best day possible.
I really do hope our club make exactly the same effort - the people coming to Argyle will be real football fans, wanting to enjoy what is for them likely to be a one off experience and visit.
The club as a whole should be doing whatever it can to make itself respected. Who knows in L1 next season needing a player for a certain position we may benefit from our approach. Clearly on the pitch we should be snarling and aggressive, away from it doing our utmost to make an impression.
Spot on and although time has moved on I will do the same and write to commend the club. I was so impressed and it was a wonderful example of how the football experience can be enhanced. Class.

Aug 15, 2008
Here here! Great post. We should reciprocate what we received at Anfield.

On the pitch get stuck in and give everything.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Hope it doesn't extend to playing YNWA though - memories of the Geordies' last visit still rankle quite a few on here!

Feb 8, 2005
I don't think that some supporters fully realise the damage that was done to PAFC when we went into administration. We had no assets, loads of liabilities, and the infrastructure went out of the window. We lost people as well, people with history, people with knowledge, people in the background, people who kept us on an even keel, people who knew how we did things in the past.
We were so, so lucky to survive. We were the only Football League Club to survive admin who had NO assets, nothing, nada, absolutely zilch. Thanks to the Football League who had faith in the Club, and Brent especially, the Club survived, but barely.

We have moved on from that position over a length of time, but we are still harbouring a hangover from those days. Financially, we have improved, but in everything else we have had to start from scratch again.

Comparing us to Liverpool Football Club, a multiple League Championship winner, a multi FA cup winner, a previous Champions League winner, is like comparing coal with a 24 carat diamond. The money swilling around the Premiership is unbelievable, no worse, it is unhealthy, and expecting our Club to follow in their footsteps, providing the same level of customer service is wholly wrong.

The money generated from this little encounter will help but we are still on the first step of the rung of survival.

Emeraldinho":16d7eqgd said:
Hope it doesn't extend to playing YNWA though - memories of the Geordies' last visit still rankle quite a few on here!
Surely we couldn't be so cheesey again!

References to non segregated crowds is just about the only subject in which I yearn for the old days. Don't get me wrong, everything else about the modern game is better, but younger fans will never sadly appreciate how good it was to mix with the other side's supporters, compare players, tactics etc, and generally enjoy good banter.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
We cant compete financially, but surely we can advise our stewards, programme sellers, pie sellers etc etc that the travelling fans are our guests, and a small hello or how was your journey down, goes a long way. Tell them where to collect an Ivor's from, tell them where they can get a decent pint - its not rocket science and it doesn't need money.
How much does it cost to get someone in a how viz jacket at the train station with PAFC on the back from 4pm - 7.30pm answering a few questions and giving a few pointers. The price of one ticket for Mayflower?
If we can afford to pay players £8K a month (or more in some cases) then lets not drag our knuckles behind us any longer and wake up to 2016/17 levels of customer service at our club.

Jan 6, 2004
Voice_of_Reason":25yq8hsn said:
We cant compete financially, but surely we can advise our stewards, programme sellers, pie sellers etc etc that the travelling fans are our guests, and a small hello or how was your journey down, goes a long way. Tell them where to collect an Ivor's from, tell them where they can get a decent pint - its not rocket science and it doesn't need money.
How much does it cost to get someone in a how viz jacket at the train station with PAFC on the back from 4pm - 7.30pm answering a few questions and giving a few pointers. The price of one ticket for Mayflower?
If we can afford to pay players £8K a month (or more in some cases) then lets not drag our knuckles behind us any longer and wake up to 2016/17 levels of customer service at our club.

I completely agree -although there is a difference in regional character - we not naturally as open and friendly to strangers down here as they in Liverpool.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Echo the above sentiments. Everyone I met up there was very friendly & hospitable - at service stations, the hotel, pub, car-park and before & after at the ground - as soon as they saw our colours they were keen to talk and friendly banter (stewards excellent too!). There was even a bloke selling programmes who quietly admitted to me he was an Evertonian who was hilarious ("This f'ckin job's killing me!"). So let's show a bit of class and not revert to the very unfunny & unoriginal 1970s - style insults.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Really? We should be seeing how much Devon & Cornwall rely from "out of towners" spending money through tourism.

I dare say we were an easy day at Anfield, fans coming to enjoy themselves, many of families, which i'm sure is welcomed as opposed to 2000 lads arriving on trains from London/Manchester - but lets learn a bit along the way. I'm not expecting the red carpet, but lets have Martyn Starnes briefing Stewards, reminding them they are representing the club, if someone looks lost, or you can do something that may assist them - do it. This is a big game for us, TV, national exposure etc - let's not let ourselves down and make supporters feel unwelcome and threatened - allow the rest of society to sneer at us as a bit backward. The players and away following did the club proud 10 days ago, lets not waste the opportunity to impress on people a little bit.