Electronic advertising boards Liverpool game. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Electronic advertising boards Liverpool game.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
The electronic advertising boards around the perimeter of the ground will bring in extra income the cup run upto now must have generated at least £1.5 million of unbudgeted income.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'm not sure they do. Last time we had them installed for a telly game, wasn't the advertising revenue going straight to the TV company.
We've already been paid to be on the telly.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
dunlop":3jwd1huc said:
The electronic advertising boards around the perimeter of the ground will bring in extra income the cup run upto now must have generated at least £1.5 million of unbudgeted income.

Where's that figure from Mike?

I think it's way off. Nowhere near that I'd imagine.

As for the electronic adverts I would have thought the cost and revenue from that is part of the TV deal.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Noticed Lincoln had electronic advertising last night.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":3ohhxrlf said:
dunlop":3ohhxrlf said:

Where's that figure from Mike?

I think it's way off. Nowhere near that I'd imagine.

As for the electronic adverts I would have thought the cost and revenue from that is part of the TV deal.

Ian JB said in an interview on Monday on spotlight they had made £1 million from the cup run up until then,I have been told from a pretty reliable source they have had a very lucrative offer from a major company, I can't believe it will be much less when they total up the takings.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Do they obscure the existing advertising boards ? if I had a company with one I would be right peed off when the eyes of the world are watching

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

pearces greens":29f9md2z said:
Do they obscure the existing advertising boards ? if I had a company with one I would be right peed off when the eyes of the world are watching
Clubs know the score when it comes to big games and there will be a clause in their contract with each sponsor that covers that.

Feb 28, 2016
They can be really distracting from a spectating point of view, I suppose that is their objective. I wonder if they cause any problems distracting the players.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
MarkMatthews":3iiut9as said:
The can be really distracting from a spectating point of view, I suppose that is their objective. I wonder if they course any problems distracting the players.

I have always wondered that. It is not so bad when the 'neon' advertising message is static, but when they carry movements from left to right, I am sure it must be disconcerting. It is a bit like being in a train stopped in a station and the train on the neighbouring line starts to move from a static position. It makes you feel you are moving when you are not. Sort it out FA!

Jan 25, 2011
plymouth
Quintrell_Green":3auneg9q said:
MarkMatthews":3auneg9q said:
The can be really distracting from a spectating point of view, I suppose that is their objective. I wonder if they course any problems distracting the players.

I have always wondered that. It is not so bad when the 'neon' advertising message is static, but when they carry movements from left to right, I am sure it must be disconcerting. It is a bit like being in a train stopped in a station and the train on the neighbouring line starts to move from a static position. It makes you feel you are moving when you are not. Sort it out FA!
Simple just turn it OFF during playing time.

Dec 3, 2005
The last time Argyle tried the electronic advertising, it was so damn BRIGHT that we couldn't see the players on the Lyndhurst side of the pitch - just a silhouette. There were so many people shouting turn them off - in the Grandstand, that they did turn the brightness down which helped, butthen they were completely turned off in the 2nd half.

Yeah that damn dog going across the adverts is so damn annoying.

I am sure that from the Grandstand you can still see the original adverts behind.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I just assumed we had to have them as a televised FA Cup game. The boards advertise FA-affiliated products like Budweiser and Emirates flights, they're not going to be flogging Ivors and Saltrock hoodies.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
MarkMatthews":23q14v1a said:
They can be really distracting from a spectating point of view, I suppose that is their objective. I wonder if they cause any problems distracting the players.

The moving one at Anfield was distracting, especially when it had a red background which meant the Liverpool right back blended in.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I can remember we had a similar problem when we had electronic advertising when we were in the championship.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
dick.argyle":meo5tzkk said:
Quintrell_Green":meo5tzkk said:
MarkMatthews":meo5tzkk said:

Simple just turn it OFF during playing time.

Never get a job in advertising.