Brief Synopsis!!! (Orient) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Orient)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
1) Argyle unchanged - completely. Same formation. The same 11 not a surprise given the performance on Saturday. Guess the subs bench would come into contention late on. The guess was wrong with bad injuries to Bradley and Sarcevic meaning early introductions for Bulvitis and Donaldson.

2) Argyle superb movement and range of passing again and took the lead easily with our first real attack. The ball crossed in from the left and tapped in by Sarcevic. The equaliser coming from an Orient break and Songo'o letting the player run rather than making a challenge. Good finish though.

3) Orient extremely hard into the tackle and cynical in stopping Argyle's breaks. The injury to Bradley looked a bad one but was not the result of foul play. Sarcevic however was horribly clipped as he ran through and hobbled off with the club physio.

4) As predicted really Argyle dominated possession and created some good chances. Orient rode their luck then hit very quickly on the counter. With subs largely used by half-time any tactical changes would be limited to within the personnel.

5) Second-half started slowly with mistakes from both sides. Orient continued their programme of flattening Argyle players - Threlkeld the target. Argyle contrived a break and Kennedy scored one of those individual goals that was worth the entrance money alone. Moments later he hit the post with an identical run.

6) Orient pressed and they looked like they may get back into the game. Argyle seemed to relax too much and gave away possession too easily. Donaldson took his turn in the turf whilst Orient picked up their fourth or fifth yellow.

7) Carey was taken off and was replaced by Jervis as Argyle went into the last 10 minutes of normal time. His firat action was to defend a free-kick as Argyle again contrived to throw away possession. All Orient as the referee got far too involved in play.

8 ) The Argyle that played the first 35 were unstoppable the ones that played from 35 to 90 were dreadful. The exception being Matthew Kennedy. Into the final 5 and we had the inevitable ridiculous mix up. After keeping us in the game McCormick failed to come for a high ball and we were punished. The Orient winner was inevitable.

9) No Tannoy again on the Demport so whatever happened at half-time we had no idea. Not a great night and the injuries to Sarcevic and Bradley could prove more costly than the lost points.

Luke McCormick - 6
Oscar Threlkeld - 7
Jakub Sokolik - 7
Sonny Bradley - 5
Gary Sawyer - 6
Yann Songo'o - 4
David Fox - 8
Antoni Sarcevic - 7
Graham Carey - 6
Matthew Kennedy - 9
Ryan Taylor - 7

Vincent Dorel - unused
Nauris Bulvitis - 6
Ryan Donaldson - 6
Craig Tanner - unused
Jake Jervis - 6
Jordan Slew - unused
Jimmy Spencer - unused

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I'll go with that Mark!

Although listening to Branno's comments, Songo'o should be a 1...tops!

I take back and apologise to anyone who may have, over the last few weeks, given Songo'o grief. It sounds very much like it was deserved!

:sad:

Mar 23, 2008
Thought the referee Liam Kelly did well to control the game and that bloke in yellow their MOTM. Best hope the injuries are not too bad, especially Bradley, Bulvitis is not up to it. Might regret that come what May.

Aug 15, 2015
Despite the disappointment let's be glad we don't support a bunch of thugs. Can you imagine supporting Leyton Orient. Yuck.

A

acorn

Second half we switch off thinking the game was won. Second to every ball. They chased lost causes and got the reward . I hope they are now getting a good rollicking

C

Cult Of Personality

Ryan Donaldson should never play for Argyle again. Gutless pathetic player who is stealing a career in football

Jul 3, 2013
Heard bradley had 20 odd.stitches in his scrotum from a previous game so.somwthing must have happened.

Orient deserves something from the game but maybe not to win, the ref was ok and he cant be blamed for our mediocre performance.

I dont normally criticise Adams but his choice of subs were strange when Songo could have dropped in for bradley and jervis for Sarcevic.
As itbwas Songo went on to have a mare.

We are to nice as a team and need to take them out when braking at pace instead of letting them through.

C

CADMAN

Cult Of Personality":29uisasd said:
Ryan Donaldson should never play for Argyle again. Gutless pathetic player who is stealing a career in football
Could not agree more. If I was Tanner, I would have jumped in my car and gone home at halftime!

Feb 2, 2007
As much as it's easy to criticise and pick out individuals we win as a team and lose as a team. Dondaldson, Fox, Songo'o is not a balanced centre midfield trio and shouldn't have been cobbled together.

Carey should have shifted central and put Tanner on the right side to attack their full back.

Subs were poor choices tonight and didn't help the 2nd half.

Nov 4, 2012
Orient are a disgrace. Sarcevic was controlling the game until that thug physically assaulted him. How it wasn't a red is beyond me. I really hope Charlie captured the incident because I think it will really show what a nasty dangerous challenge it was. Game changed after that.

Mar 18, 2006
Got kicked off the pitch for the first 45 mins.
Bringing on Donaldson was a negative substitution , why not Tanner ? 30 games in and I still can't work out what Donaldson actually does .
When Bradley went off we were very poor defensively . Got a feeling our season will hinge on how bad his injury is and how long he will be out .
When they tried to play football I though Orient were half decent , if they did that more often they wouldn't be in their current league position .
After the Lord Mayor's show ....

Jul 24, 2009
An absolutely horrific result. These things happen I guess. I've seen Argyle promoted before, as have many here, and this is the type of result that happens incredibly rarely in seasons that end in success. Time will tell whether this is a blip, but this team seem to throw this type of result in just too often.

Really really really poor Argyle. Oh well...

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I actually thought Argyle played some excellent football in the first half, perhaps a little too intricate at times but the movement was good and Taylor was again superb.
Unfortunately the injuries were crucial. Once Bradley went off the defence was keystone cops. Both Bulvitis and Sokolik looked out of their depth. If Bradley is out long term I'm sad to say we're screwed.
That being said Orient were disgusting, not in a dark arts way just in a pure out and out thuggery kind of way. Sarcevic did not look clever after being brutalised and I'm not sure why the ref isn't taking action when their centre back pushes a ball boy over

Nov 4, 2012
up_the_line":2jdbf0y2 said:
I actually thought Argyle played some excellent football in the first half, perhaps a little too intricate at times but the movement was good and Taylor was again superb.
Unfortunately the injuries were crucial. Once Bradley went off the defence was keystone cops. Both Bulvitis and Sokolik looked out of their depth. If Bradley is out long term I'm sad to say we're screwed.
That being said Orient were disgusting, not in a dark arts way just in a pure out and out thuggery kind of way.

Never thought I'd say this to you but absolutely spot on. If Bradley is injured long term we are well and truly f#cked.

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Many good things tonight ruined by poor defending.
After a well worked opening goal Orient looked there for the taking but Songo miss a sitter from 4 yards out whilst Sokolic scooped over from under the bar when it seemed easier to score.
Out of the blue and Orient equalise with a cracking strike.
Kennedy scored a cracker cutting in on his right foot and hit the post soon after with an identical shot. Orient grew in confidence and came more and more into the game forcing a series of worrying corners.
We hit the post again before Luke fatally hesitated coming for a cross and they smash in the loose ball. Their forwards continued to run at us with pace and our plodding centre halfs couldn't live with it. We looked like we were running in sand compared to their right winger for the winning goal.
Was amazed Orient finished with 11 men as they cynically fouled and even pushed over a ball boy but they had heart and looked a lot better than their league position.

We need Bradley back asap as when he went off we looked fragile and exposed to their pace.