Negativity when in the lead.. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Negativity when in the lead..

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Why? They were 23rd, and there for the taking. I like Adams, but this is one of the things that let's him down. Wycombe came from 3-1, Sonny stole us the points at Cheltenham and Cambridge should have equalised against us. It was coming from the minute Kennedy scored.

Nov 16, 2006
Totally agree, 2-1 up, we maintain a forward high up the pitch system, we hit the post, and then we park the bus and invited Orient to attack at will.
It was on the cards that they were going to score, at 2-2 we then adopt an over zealous all out attack, and again could have scored before getting caught.
We have got away with it most of the season, but tonight against a very poor Orient back line we handed the points to them.

Aug 5, 2016
To be fair Adams is negative when trying to preserve a lead. But it isn't a common occurrence for it to bite us in the arse. On the contrary really, Argyle have seen out numerous single goal leads where the opponents have put us to the sword. The difference tonight was that Sonny Bradley had gone off injured, and we didn't have the mental bottle without him to see it out the way we usually do.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Adams let himself down tonight. It was clear, they were getting on top, having all the possession as we dropped deeper and deeper, why? Because of our in ability to deal with there no 11 Massey,( I think that's his name). DA did fudge all, to stop this threat, he was causing all sorts of problems with his pace, did anyone man mark him? No. In fact, we did the opposite, left him unmarked in plenty of space. Awful truly awful. At 2-1 up, put our fastest player on him, make it ten v ten. See out the game. At least try and change what we all could see coming.
Also big credit to Orient, they kept two up front at all times, feeding off each other being a constant threat, whilst our superb Taylor leads the line with no support, running himself into the ground, so knackered he can't influence the game anymore. Again what did DA do to change this?
I'm afraid this game showed up DAs shortcomings, hopefully it won't cost us promotion, but when your totally outplayed for the entire second half, by a team second from bottom and were at home......it's a worry.

I don't think we 'parked the bus' at all. I think it was more that we were more guilty of arrogance. We allowed them far too much space as if thinking that they weren't going to hurt us. Also in the last quarter we were caught by a number of breaks following our corners or attacks. This isn't ' parking the bus' it's being naive.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
CornishPaul":276dd5qr said:
Why when defending do we not leave at least 1 up front. Everytime we clear it the ball comes straight back. I dont get that at all.

Yes we had Kennedy running at them when they had 10 back but when they had a corner they had two men free and two more just outside the box, any clearance went to them. Put Kennedy up when they had a corner? Takes 2, 3 or all 4 out of the 'get the ball back easily' formation. Also the chance that Kennedy gets there first and has just two defenders to run at.

Don't get it tbh! :think:

Jan 27, 2012
Argyle have shown a pattern all season of taking the lead and then letting teams walk all over them. They have got away with it quite a few times (eg Cambridge) but they got their comeuppance against Leyton Orient. Its a weakness.

Sep 6, 2006
Even V Exeter when 2 up we played most of the 2 nd half in our half playing long balls up to the isolated Taylor. Orient had several teenagers playing for them. Were there for the taking.