Fly to Hartlepool? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fly to Hartlepool?

Sep 6, 2006
With our new found wealth, and if we can afford Spain, surely a flight to Newcastle would help with preparations. We need to win this one.

Mar 8, 2016
I was reading a Scottish Sun article with Derek Adams earlier, he said they will be going by coach to Hartlepool, leaving tomorrow lunch time, getting to the hotel for the evening. Flying would defiantly make sense though, 1 hour flight instead of a 8 hours on the road. They would have considered all options Iam sure. if Plymouth still had a airport I think this option would be used more frequently.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
TinTin":3dt1vji6 said:
Without an airport, Plymouth will NEVER prosper !!

In ALL aspects of the word.

A 3rd division city with a 3rd division outlook - NOTHING MORE !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

That's the spirit :crazy:

Mar 8, 2016
Adam_R":3tdsym61 said:
Depends if the 8 hours on the coach is used to their advantage. Learning how to defend corners for example!

Iam not sure there is enough space on the coach to practice zonal marking.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
TinTin":386v520t said:

Honoton Imternational is only 45 minutes away. That's a quicker journey than I ever had to an airport when living in London. The public transport links could be ten times better from Plymouth but I wouldn't expect Argyle to be using the train.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
TinTin":1mt6ds3z said:

Tongue in cheek surely. I used to, sometimes, fly from Plymouth and was often one of a few on the plane- that is when the airport wasn't closed by fog etc etc.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Adam_R":13jdd8a6 said:
Army green":13jdd8a6 said:
Adam_R":13jdd8a6 said:
Depends if the 8 hours on the coach is used to their advantage. Learning how to defend corners for example!

Iam not sure there is enough space on the coach to practice zonal marking.

There is the way we defend!!! :lol:

Wonder how many of them will participate in parking the bus when they get there? :think:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Adam_R":3aicgrz1 said:

...but I would assume that, hopefully, the coach driver/s will take all the corners. ;)

Lundan Cabbie":m80y7x9h said:
TinTin":m80y7x9h said:

Honoton Imternational is only 45 minutes away. That's a quicker journey than I ever had to an airport when living in London. The public transport links could be ten times better from Plymouth but I wouldn't expect Argyle to be using the train.

Lundan, are you independent or work for a big firm? Always need airport runs...LHW mainly. PM me if independent

Rich

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":3p6qlagh said:
TinTin":3p6qlagh said:

Good point, it's taken me longer to get from Gatwick to Croydon than that airport to Plymouth. A decent regular transport service would help. Currently I get to and from Bristol Airport with a valid for 28 days return for £25 (£5 for over 60s').

I also used our old airport several times. Could be in Glasgow or London in less than 2 hours. It was good for regional links, just never properly run or marketed apparently. Unfortunately I get the impression that it will make the owners more money with the housing developments.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Guiri Green":2dvx85x3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2dvx85x3 said:
TinTin":2dvx85x3 said:

Good point, it's taken me longer to get from Gatwick to Croydon than that airport to Plymouth. A decent regular transport service would help. Currently I get to and from Bristol Airport with a valid for 28 days return for £25 (£5 for over 60s').

I also used our old airport several times. Could be in Glasgow or London in less than 2 hours. It was good for regional links, just never properly run or marketed apparently. Unfortunately I get the impression that it will make the owners more money with the housing developments.

Runway is just too short for the size of aircraft required to make it viable and no room to make it longer.