Car Park Full Very Early? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Car Park Full Very Early?

Jan 15, 2017
I used to go to every home match a few years back and never had a problem getting a parking space. I moved away so obviously didn't go to games but I've move back now and go to almost every home game. It seems now the car park is full by 1.00. Why is that? It doesn't seem the gate is bigger in general...

Jan 6, 2004
in the old days everyone would just park nose to tail - probably get about twice as many cars in as now.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Flash":23pzfhmn said:
in the old days everyone would just park nose to tail - probably get about twice as many cars in as now.

Only this season I struggled to get out at 2:45 when I changed my mind about attending due to queues. Some unthoughtful poor parking by many was frustrating and I can understand the need to clamp down on these sort of motorists during games at HP. The car park still needs to operate as a park n ride during matches.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I believe the signage in Outland road says P&R Mondays to Fridays.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mike Greening":1lbt6xhp said:

I'm gonna have to look out for those signs then. I wasn't aware that it didn't operate on Saturdays for which is the City Centre's busiest day.

Oct 24, 2014
park at george junction and get a park and ride bus for 1.80 return, takes 10 mins each way and buses are every 12 mins, very easy on a saturday , not evening games though

Oct 16, 2016
Could be missing something here but why not simply park in allocated bays at the free car park 200 yds away behind the lifecentre?

Or is this not cricket?

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
So would it not assist all of us if there was some enforcement around the "no park and ride" usage when Argyle are playing? Stewards around from say 9am on a match day turning away those who are not attending the match, perhaps. Or actually closing the car park with barriers until a later time such as midday when stewards could then be at the gates.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Quinny":9n9ga4dy said:
Lundan Cabbie":9n9ga4dy said:
Mike Greening":9n9ga4dy said:

I'm gonna have to look out for those signs then. I wasn't aware that it didn't operate on Saturdays for which is the City Centre's busiest day.

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/parkingandtravel/publictransport/parkandride/milehouseparkandride

It's what I said for a longtime. Nothing seems to be done about it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Shankster":ddsqh9bq said:
Could be missing something here but why not simply park in allocated bays at the free car park 200 yds away behind the lifecentre?

Or is this not cricket?
It's for Life Centre users only. I'm sure they have security there when we're playing at home.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
And another point, if it is NOT a park and ride car park on Saturday match days, is issuing penalty notices still legal on those days? i.e. Doe the relevant legal order apply when it is not a park and ride?

Apr 6, 2009
Keepitgreen":20o8alss said:
Shankster":20o8alss said:

Or is this not cricket?
It's for Life Centre users only. I'm sure they have security there when we're playing at home.

Its a central park car park so not for life centre users. they have people there trying to put argyle fans off from parking there i think but they can't actually stop you. its get busy quickly though.
I expect in a few years there will be a time limit but then that wouldn't work considering its a central park car park