Scott Sinclair v. Matt Kennedy | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Scott Sinclair v. Matt Kennedy

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Am I the only supporter who feels that Kennedy is the finer loan player of the two, who performed on the wing for Argyle. I know Sinclair scored that fantastic solo goal into the Devonport End versus Crystal Palace having beat 3 players close to the touch line. However, Kennedy has already scored more goals than Sinclair in many fewer games. I just hope he can maintain this form and fitness, as it is going to be critical in Argyle's run-in to the end of the season.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Sinclair did his stuff in the Championship over a large number of games. Can't compare the two, except to say they are both exciting and talented players.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He was in the CCC but I never saw consistency in Sinclair.

Kennedy has scored in three games on the trot and if it were not for a world class save from the CUFC keeper it would have been all four.

I'm liking what I see, that's for sure!

Jul 29, 2010
L2 v CCC = no contest.

Taking nothing away from how impressive MK has been :clap:

Oct 16, 2016
Can't compare them because the standard they were playing in is so very markedly different

Sinclair unfortunately didn't quite make the very top even though he played for top clubs

Kennedy strolls through this league because you can see his mind is way ahead in footballing terms than those around him

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
One thing is for sure Warnock has done us a massive favour by sending him here. Happy to admit I was wrong about Neil Warnock when he said he would lend us a player that would have everyone on their feet I thought it was all wind and bluster.

Feb 2, 2007
Can Colin recall him? Sinclair was special and one of the best players I have seen turn out for Argyle, Kennedy has had a great start and looks promising.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
True, but he could well be terrorising your team's defence next season. That'll be good to watch.

Jan 27, 2012
I don't think its fair to make comparisons as Sinclair was doing his stuff at Championship level. He was absolutely phenomenal and I thought he would go on to play for England. I think his career dipped when Manchester City signed him only to play him in the reserves- although he was Aston Villa's best player last year in the Premier League.

Kennedy looks a class above League Two and is clearly a Championship player. He does remind me of Sinclair a bit- especially the way he is taking his goals. He looks like the best player Argyle have signed for years (probably since the Championship era) and is a fantastic boost to the squad. Warnock did us a real favour there.

I'd like to think that Argyle have a chance of signing Kennedy permanently. I think that's highly unlikely though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
nick_PASTIE":anmyb6sb said:
Can Colin recall him? Sinclair was special and one of the best players I have seen turn out for Argyle, Kennedy has had a great start and looks promising.

There is NO recall. That was confirmed to me yesterday.

May 22, 2006
Larry David":3igy9om2 said:
One thing is for sure Warnock has done us a massive favour by sending him here. Happy to admit I was wrong about Neil Warnock when he said he would lend us a player that would have everyone on their feet I thought it was all wind and bluster.

Stroke of luck we didn't get Rhys Healey who is now out for nine months.