we eat Cornish pasties | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

we eat Cornish pasties

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I've always been supporterof songs and chants that emphasise ourwestcountry heritage so I saw something on Facebook which I thought was worthy of wider exposure. Some guy suggesting a variation on the Carey song - can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure someone can provide a link.
I've played with the words but with a few redrafts I'm sure this could be a worthy addition to our more original / unique chants.
"We eat pasties, Cornish pasties
I just don't think you understand
Ginsters are a sham
'coz Ivor is our man
We eat Cornish pasties...

I'll get my coat....

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Bit harsh on Ginsters seeing as they're putting so much money into the club. :)

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Open to suggestions for the middle lines....I guessed someone would object to Ivor but didn't think there would be such a strong defence of Ginsters after some of the comments on previous pasty threads. Like I said I appreciate all connections with our west country heritage so I think we have appropriate shirt sponsors...just a bit of fun and to add variety to all the prediction / Carey / Donaldson posts. Can anyone else do better?

Oct 16, 2016
Colloquial juxtapositions regarding pastry filled with meat and veg.

It's often perturbing that our pointy headed neighbours place such ownership to a Devonian sports club, blagards

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Shankster":1il3wma0 said:

It's often perturbing that our pointy headed neighbours place such ownership to a Devonian sports club, blagards

I should stick to your space fiction, if I were you.

Oct 16, 2016
Quintrell_Green":2adzq4s7 said:
Shankster":2adzq4s7 said:

I should stick to your space fiction, if I were you.

:)

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Shankster":1jaaeipl said:

Nawty, nawty :greensmile: , however, historically the pasty originated in Devon. :twisted:

Oct 16, 2016
justanotherfan":fcieeb58 said:
Shankster":fcieeb58 said:

Nawty, nawty :greensmile: , however, historically the pasty originated in Devon. :twisted:

Shots fired

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Good song but can we change the "Cornish" line to Devon please? I just hate people around the UK associating ourselves with Cornwall