Donny fan with a theory.... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Donny fan with a theory....

R

roversred

We've been trading positions between us all season,when we've had a good run so have you and we've been pulling each other along...However we've both come into a sticky patch were results are not going for us,luckily Carlisle aside nobody's really taken advantage...I believe that as soon as one of us gets back to consistent winning ways the other will follow and we can get back to dragging each other along...
Lets face it winning the championship would be great but its all about getting out of this league for both of us...If we do that we can fight it out in the last few weeks once we get promotion sorted...It's a crazy theory but the stats back it up.....lets both get winning and put this league to bed.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
I don't know if I agree (I'm not that observant) but I like your thinking. Your guys are one of the two best teams I've seen down here all season (other is Grimsby) and your promotion would be gain for league 1

Jul 29, 2010
Someone always makes a late surge from 'the pack'. Carlisle you'd have thought are the most vulnerable, but if this "sticky patch" of our respective clubs happened to continue, no-one is at all safe.

I too couldn't give a tuppence toss about a championship, I just want out of the basement league. If i'm honest i'd rather Carlisle went up with us rather than yourselves, please take that as the compliment it is intended though, Carlisle have a glass ceiling, you don't and i'd rather not face a club that can go through two promotions next season :wink:

PS - Nice to have a visitor from a rival club that isn't condescending and Billy big bollox, take note Pompey :roll:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
"Nice to have a visitor from a rival club that isn't condescending and Billy big bollox, take note Pompey" Spot on Mr S.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I know that Jordan Houghton is now out for remainder of the season.

Would be interested to know your opinion of him?

Would be good if we both go up and championship is decided on 26th March.

R

roversred

Jordan Houghton has been fantastic for us and he was improving all the time,i think he has a decent future at a good level,so its a massive blow for us and him because it looks a bad one...We've had a difficult few weeks were we haven't been bad just lost that bit of luck you need and we had been getting..We couldn't play on Newports sandpit,paid for missed chances at Carlisle and frankly we were out muscled in our draw with Luton..They play rough by the way so you need a strong ref...
I'm not concerned who is 2nd or even 3rd but the gap to 4th..We both have a decent cushion but as we both know from last season that can vanish quickly...I do think we both would respond better and quicker if one of us got back on a decent run...Because one decent run now for both of us will put this to bed with only 14 or so games left to go now...Luton and Pompey both think they are better and can catch us so its in both our interests to snuff that belief out of them as soon as possible...Personally I hope it stays the same as it is now because we are the teams who have set the pace all season

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":1crtqi5x said:
Someone always makes a late surge from 'the pack'. Carlisle you'd have thought are the most vulnerable, but if this "sticky patch" of our respective clubs happened to continue, no-one is at all safe.

I too couldn't give a tuppence toss about a championship, I just want out of the basement league. If i'm honest i'd rather Carlisle went up with us rather than yourselves, please take that as the compliment it is intended though, Carlisle have a glass ceiling, you don't and i'd rather not face a club that can go through two promotions next season :wink:

PS - Nice to have a visitor from a rival club that isn't condescending and Billy big bollox, take note Pompey :roll:
As much as I realise that getting out of this league is paramount, I want us to go up as champions. Hopefully the players are approaching it in the same frame of mind. If we have to be 2nd or 3rd best so be it, but I truly want us to be the best.

Feb 2, 2007
roversred":3cq8z6e8 said:
Jordan Houghton has been fantastic for us and he was improving all the time,i think he has a decent future at a good level,so its a massive blow for us and him because it looks a bad one...We've had a difficult few weeks were we haven't been bad just lost that bit of luck you need and we had been getting..We couldn't play on Newports sandpit,paid for missed chances at Carlisle and frankly we were out muscled in our draw with Luton..They play rough by the way so you need a strong ref...
I'm not concerned who is 2nd or even 3rd but the gap to 4th..We both have a decent cushion but as we both know from last season that can vanish quickly...I do think we both would respond better and quicker if one of us got back on a decent run...Because one decent run now for both of us will put this to bed with only 14 or so games left to go now...Luton and Pompey both think they are better and can catch us so its in both our interests to snuff that belief out of them as soon as possible...Personally I hope it stays the same as it is now because we are the teams who have set the pace all season

Luton play rough- we are screwed unless we can persuade Paul Durkin, Roger Milford or Martin Bodenham out of retirement! :funny:

We are Argyle, we'll always find a way to muck it up and make it difficult. I'll watch us one week and think we've got this (Exeter, we were sublime then the next week we're awful). There is no doubt we're the best two team closely followed by Carlisle, Luton and I think Mansfield are fast improving. We've just got to do enough to keep ahead of the pack.
I'd like to think we've got the players to do it now but we've got a tough run in including Luton, Mansfield, Wycombe, Donny and Pompy as 5 of our next 6 away games, any points from these will be crucial.

Doncaster has always intrigued me, its like a collection of housing estates built around a train track with a brand new stadium slapped on the arse

R

roversred

haha Harsh but fair...I'm old school though,our old stadium Belle Vue was one of the worst in the league but it had atmosphere and evening games were great..Okay you had to walk through puddles,the toilets never worked and it wasn't a thing of beauty...Don't get me wrong the Keepmoat is a great stadium but like a lot of the bowl type new grounds the atmosphere and noise just disappears upwards..It was great when we were in the Championship but 6k in div2 when the opposition bring 80 in a 3200 stand and it tends to be flat.We always have paid the price for much bigger clubs like Leeds and Sheff Wed being only half hour away..As for Doncaster it's actually had quite a bit of investment in the last decade...

Feb 22, 2017
iv'e been thinking for a while the best thing that can happen is the league becomes a 2 horse race as quickly as possible. Best thing all round really as i can't handle another season of looking over our shoulders so am hoping we both win the next couple and teams below us drop points! Promotion takes care of itself then :)

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
My personal favourite about Belle Vue evening games is the floodlights were truly dire. Today's mobile phones put them to shame, when play was at the other end it was sometimes pure guesswork - but in a quirky way, that made it unique.

Aug 15, 2008
with league two as it is any team from 17th up can surge to play offs or better. there will be a break from the pack to the top 3 too. being in the top 3 in may is what counts - not being there all year and falling away at the end.

Melbourne Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jul 12, 2005
I've seen Argyle at 70 odd grounds in my time and Belle Vue had the best pies, hands down. They made a shocking mid-90s 0-0 drudge fest infinitely more bearable.