This stage last season.... (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

This stage last season.... (merged)

At this stage last season, with 9 games to go, we had 65 points and had just slipped down into the play offs. Northampton were out of sight, and Oxford, Rovers and Accrington were on storming runs, Pompey just 5 points behind us.

This time, we're on 69 points with only Pompey breathing down our necks. We have a cushion of 10 points to fourth place (8 if Luton win their game in hand) and all the other teams are struggling for the auto promotion form they'll need to overtake us. The exception to this maybe Stevenage who have been on a terrific run recently, but like Exeter's, has it come to an end with defeat at Blackpool?

My optimism is beginning to overtake my pessimism and worry.

The last 9 games of last season brought us 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. If we do that this season we'll get 81 points which should be enough.

We can do this! Come on Argyle!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

Match

At

A

Time

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I'm still aiming for being champions but taking one game at a time. Deluded? Maybe. :)

Sep 6, 2006
John_Doe":1gqro1h8 said:
At this stage last season, with 9 games to go, we had 65 points and had just slipped down into the play offs. Northampton were out of sight, and Oxford, Rovers and Accrington were on storming runs, Pompey just 5 points behind us.

This time, we're on 69 points with only Pompey breathing down our necks. We have a cushion of 10 points to fourth place (8 if Luton win their game in hand) and all the other teams are struggling for the auto promotion form they'll need to overtake us. The exception to this maybe Stevenage who have been on a terrific run recently, but like Exeter's, has it come to an end with defeat at Blackpool?

The last 9 games of last season brought us 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. If we do that this season we'll get 81 points which should be enough.

Stats must be wrong. According to above we would have finished on 77 points. But we got 81. I think we had the same no. of points.

C

Charles Plym

Balham_Green":2sszzm58 said:
John_Doe":2sszzm58 said:

Stats must be wrong. According to above we would have finished on 77 points. But we got 81. I think we had the same no. of points.

Actually the last nine games brought 5 wins 1 draw 3 defeats. 16 pts we were on 65 and did end on 81

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
John_Doe":2krwcnmx said:
jerryatricjanner":2krwcnmx said:
Zzzzzzzzzzz

If you're not interested why bother to post.

I'm beginning to feel positive after weeks of worry. You'd prefer to just sleep through a probable promotion season. Shall we wake you for the promotion party? :doh:

Oh I'm interested alright John and feeling extremely confident as well. Apart from post Blackpool for a few days I have never doubted we would do it. I think you know though that the Zzzz was exasperation at the monotonous posting style of our most uber positive poster.

Feb 2, 2007
Charles.plym":3jt7c2r6 said:
Balham_Green":3jt7c2r6 said:
John_Doe":3jt7c2r6 said:

Actually the last nine games brought 5 wins 1 draw 3 defeats. 16 pts we were on 65 and did end on 81

Match that run in, which didn't feel great at the time and we will be fine! 85 points...

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
It’s just last season that’s making everyone so jumpy. Given our position, and the form of all our rivals if it was any other team in any other league in the world we were talking about we’d all say it was an absolutely nailed on top three finish. I totally agree about the one game at a time thing but really, the professional approach should be feeling confident and have a little swagger about us - not wetting ourselves every time something goes wrong and if we don’t blow a team off the park when we do get a good result not undermine it by putting it all down to luck.

nick_PASTIE":1sgenl26 said:
Charles.plym":1sgenl26 said:
Balham_Green":1sgenl26 said:
John_Doe":1sgenl26 said:

Match that run in, which didn't feel great at the time and we will be fine! 85 points...

Oops, not sure how i got that wrong!
I still feel that 3 wins and 3 draws is manageable, thats why I'm feeling more confident.

85 points would give us a shout at being champs.