Goodbye Argyle, thanks for the memories. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Goodbye Argyle, thanks for the memories.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
[Absolutely devastated that Morecombe will be my last game, before emigrating to Oz(mrs is Australian)].
Family aside what's killing me, is not going to Argyle. How do Tin tin, Ottawa etc survive? You don't realise how much your going to miss something until your confronted by it. It's pretty tough to break a love affair that started in 1976.
Is there an Aussie fan club?? If not maybe I'll start one.
I'm assuming Argyle player etc works in Oz? If anyone knows to the contrary, please let me know.
Hope to be back in 4/5 years for a visit, having parked easily :greensmile: , sitting in our magnificent refurbished stand, whilst on the field were vying for a place in the prem! :whistle:

Jan 30, 2016
Get a divorce! If not I am sure that there will be ways and means in this techno age to watch catch up or even a live match.

Good luck cobbler.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Mork":2aqfd4dk said:
[Absolutely devastated that Morecombe will be my last game, before emigrating to Oz(mrs is Australian)].
Family aside what's killing me, is not going to Argyle. How do Tin tin, Ottawa etc survive? You don't realise how much your going to miss something until your confronted by it. It's pretty tough to break a love affair that started in 1976.
I'm assuming Argyle player etc works in Oz? If anyone knows to the contrary, please let me know.
Hope to be back in 4/5 years for a visit, having parked easily :greensmile: , sitting in our magnificent refurbished stand, whilst on the field were vying for a place in the prem! :whistle:

Best of luck Mork, Argyle will always be here for you! And the best thing is you'll be able to help spread the green message far and wide! COYG :scarf:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Mork":3jopqhl0 said:

It's not easy being green!

I miss my two grandkids very much but...

I really do miss the 150 mile round trip to HP on a Saturday. The Brit, the "Ivor's", the whole damned experience and, 11 years down the line, it doesn't get any easier.

Enjoy Oz...beware of bitey, stingy things.

Argyle World works perfectly well down under. :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
I've lived abroad at times. But wherever I was on Saturdays I was thinking of Home Park. Its sempa fidelis that did it for me. Brings back the memories starting with the wonderful days of Mariner and Rafferty.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Speaking as an exile in the UK, you may find that you follow games more intently. Twitter, this site or whatever method you use it doesn't matter you want to follow every second as some sort of compensation for not being able to be there.

Others may be able to explain better, but because you aren't at Home Park on a Saturday, (most weeks for me) you still need the fix. I still try to schedule my life around Argyle even when I can't be there. Team news is usually out at 2pm Saturdays. No update on twitter for 2 minutes- what's happening? Whatever the score checking how long remains- can we equalise? Can we retain our lead? How many added minutes?

Then check out Brief Synopsis for the views of those lucky enough to be there (even when it was dreadful).

You will adapt but you will never lose the passion.

Jan 27, 2012
I wouldn't worry about it- there are better things to do with your time in Oz.
Argyle is something to distract us from the gloomy surroundings of winter in Plymouth, it provides minor entertainment value but its not very important in the scheme of things.
Just putting things in perspective, folks.

Sep 6, 2006
gaspargomez":q2c78fmu said:
Argyle is something to distract us from the gloomy surroundings of winter in Plymouth, it provides minor entertainment value but its not very important in the scheme of things.

Like what?! Have you lived in Oz?

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Thanks for the above comments, gaspargomez, that's my problem, Argyle means so much to me, that the excitement of a move to Oz, pales into insignificance at the thought of not going to HP. I know it's sad, but it's true.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Balham_Green":r3gl6767 said:
gaspargomez":r3gl6767 said:

Like what?! Have you lived in Oz?

Yep agreed Balham, been to Oz several times, there are lots of great things to do & see, but none of them NONE, will replace the love, hate, exasperation, elation I get from Argyle.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Andy_S":2eqsajdo said:
It's not easy being green!

I miss my two grandkids very much but...

I really do miss the 150 mile round trip to HP on a Saturday. The Brit, the "Ivor's", the whole damned experience and, 11 years down the line, it doesn't get any easier.

On the bright side, I don't have that moaning old git sat behind me anymore! :whistle:
:funny: ;) Hi Andy :wave:

tonsk

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
You`ll still be able to post and p1ss people off :greensmile: big empty country so parking shouldn`t be a problem, hope you will be able to celebrate promotion in the sun, good luck for the future. :scarf:

Just back yesterday from a month on oz. found the 1.00 am, 5.00 am, and 7.00 am final whistle times, depending on time zone and kick off time, very hard to cope with, with nerves keeping me awake at the wrong times. Guess this will wear off for you over time. Critically important as Argyle is to all our lives, you'll find some amazing compensations over there. Good luck.

Oct 16, 2016
Emigration, my idea of a nightmare. Have travelled far and wide, haven't seen a place that rivals this part of the country

Wouldn't emigrate there if paid