Next season's squad (merged x 9) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Next season's squad (merged x 9)

Jan 11, 2016
Sturrock's run away Div 2 Champions in 2001-2 provided many of the squad which in 2003-4 saw Argyle promoted to the Championship - Larrieu, Friio, Wotton, Worrell, Coughlan, Hodges, Phillips, Adams, Bent, Evans and Keith. Somehow I don't think we are so broadly blessed this time round despite one or two, well at least one 'wee nugget'. So who will still be around this time to see us get there? I just have the feeling that the current squad are giving about as much as they can and that with the exception of Carey, on his day,and perhaps Fox and Bradley, the rest of the team need to be thanked for their heroics this season and wished good luck elsewhere. Too harsh?

Mar 21, 2006
Too harsh. I would keep: McCormick, Threkheld, Bradley, Sokolic, Carey, Fox, Sarcevic, Jervis, Slew, Taylor, Spencer, Blisset, Brunt - try to sign Tanner.

Out: Miller, Sawyer, Songo'o, Bullvitis
Full back position is an area that needs addressing

Aug 15, 2008
Spine of the team is fine. We need new full backs. A new understudy Keeper. Sign Kennedy up too if possible.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hold fire, these players are still trying to get us promoted. A thread for May 7th.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
silkman":2fxr0glk said:
Too harsh. I would keep: McCormick, Threkheld, Bradley, Sokolic, Carey, Fox, Sarcevic, Jervis, Slew, Taylor, Spencer, Blisset, Brunt - try to sign Tanner.

Out: Miller, Sawyer, Songo'o, Bullvitis
Full back position is an area that needs addressing

I'd be even harsher. I'd lose Tanner :(. I hate to say it, but he just doesn't seem to be that effective on any sort of consistent basis. And i cant see Brunt being offered another deal after being out the duration of his current contract. Again, another :(

I think we'll see a lot of current SPL players come to Argyle. Anyone got a list of Scottish players with their contract up in the summer?

Edit to say i agree with Ian's post about being too hasty. I'd love to see Tanner play a starring role in the run in and earn a deal. Jim Bentley thinks he's almost as good as Carey, and the talent is definitely there.

Aug 10, 2006
need more fire power up front without a doubt if not they will be coming straight back down.

Sep 6, 2006
One thing we will definitely need throughout the side next season is more pace. So I am worried for the likes of Sawyer, Songo and to a lesser extent Bradley. Not sure how quick Sokolic is.

B

Bonehead

Ridiculous post , I've no doubt there are thoughts behind the scenes but give the current players a chance to give our club promotion first ffs

Oct 16, 2016
Don't think Carey will stay.

Not sure the situation regarding contracts, another season of huge staff turnover I see

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Shankster":1qq8o7md said:

Not sure the situation regarding contracts, another season of huge staff turnover I see

I agree with you, but perhaps it would be better to revisit at the end of the season.

Sep 6, 2006
tonycholwell":1jrirmzg said:
Shankster":1jrirmzg said:

I agree with you, but perhaps it would be better to revisit at the end of the season.

Dont see why he wouldnt stay as long as we go up. Not sure he is good enough for Championship.

Mar 8, 2016
Balham_Green":3utj1cok said:
tonycholwell":3utj1cok said:
Shankster":3utj1cok said:

Dont see why he wouldnt stay as long as we go up. Not sure he is good enough for Championship.

Maybe not Balham but I guarantee a league one club will offer him a far better deal than what we will.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Shouldn't be a thread on this until the end of the season.

8 games to go and the current group need our full backing.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'd go further and ask that this thread be deleted.

Whilst these are just musings on a fans forum we can't kid ourselves that players etc do read the boards and we don't want their minds to be elsewhere during probably the most important run of games in the clubs history. If they think for even one minute that our thoughts are mirrored on the training ground or board room we could be the cause of disharmony.

I'd also like to issue a plea that should we finish the Job this season that the whole squad shares the credit for the achievement and not just the 'favourites'.

That should read "should they finish the job" not we.