✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
No surprise there, well done lads. Kelvin Mellor also in the team which will surprise many on here.

Sky teams of the season

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
Congratulations to both players well deserved over the season.

Dec 16, 2004
Wouldn't disagree with much of that team. From what I've seen nearly all of the non-argyle players have impressed (yes even Mellor). Not sure about the Portsmouth goalie but they have conceded the fewest amount of goals so probably justified.

Think Coppinger, Marquis, Potts, Carey and Burgess were shoe ins.

Watkins is excellent though inconsistent (but young so massive potential).

Bradley has been immense and really glad it's recognised.

I wonder how many of those players will be with te same teams next season.

I would expect Coppinger and Marquis to still be with Donny.

If we go up I think we will keep Bradley but will probably lose Carey.

Potts will move, I reckon, but Mellor will stay.

Think the Pompey 3 will stay.

Watkins will defo move as will Godden, I think.

Interesting.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I think this will confirm what many fans think in the overall scheme of things.

I know Marquis gets most of the acclaim at Doncaster, but I think Coppinger has been absolutely immense for them and not only this season.

Oct 31, 2015
Congrats to oyr two but also Mellor who is obviously showing gis worth at Blackpool. Perhaps his tackling has improved.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Fox deserves to be there but I suppose he's not got the 'wow' factor these sort of things go for, goes under the radar but does his job superbly.

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":12z0t4jj said:
Fox deserves to be there but I suppose he's not got the 'wow' factor these sort of things go for, goes under the radar but does his job superbly.

There's going to be a queue of blokes who score goals every month for the division team of the season. Fox unfortunately won't have caught the eye of a great many oppo fans. Fans notice pace, creativity, stunning goals and creative assists. Fox is a player who plays deep, who helps assist Argyle's controlled possession game. Players who boom goals in consistently from 25 yards get into the team of the season - hence Carey's nomination, but players like Fox rarely do. He's a player who is appreciated by home fans but will rarely catch the eye of opposition fans.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
HarlHM":36e3c6lm said:
Cobi Budge":36e3c6lm said:
Fox deserves to be there
I don't understand how you can say that.

Why? Our player and signing of the season in my opinion.

But as I've said, players like Fox are never considered for this type of 'award', only the players who write the headlines are (though I'm not saying Bradley and Carey don't deserve it, they do).

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":24h3fobu said:
Cobi Budge":24h3fobu said:

There's going to be a queue of blokes who score goals every month for the division team of the season. Fox unfortunately won't have caught the eye of a great many oppo fans. Fans notice pace, creativity, stunning goals and creative assists. Fox is a player who plays deep, who helps assist Argyle's controlled possession game. Players who boom goals in consistently from 25 yards get into the team of the season - hence Carey's nomination, but players like Fox rarely do. He's a player who is appreciated by home fans but will rarely catch the eye of opposition fans.

Yep, that's more or less what I meant. I didn't expect him to be in this team, it'd just be nice for him to have some recognition, I'll be voting for him as our player of the season.

Jun 11, 2012
Cobi Budge":y136ka9h said:
HarlHM":y136ka9h said:
Cobi Budge":y136ka9h said:
Fox deserves to be there

But as I've said, players like Fox are never considered for this type of 'award', only the players who write the headlines are (though I'm not saying Bradley and Carey don't deserve it, they do).
I agree with that; Fox is superb. My point is that you can't possibly have seen every single player a sufficient amount of times to say that someone deserves to be in there over someone else.

Isn't this a bit premature anyway?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge":26g6qhzd said:
HarlHM":26g6qhzd said:
Cobi Budge":26g6qhzd said:
Fox deserves to be there

But as I've said, players like Fox are never considered for this type of 'award'
If Fox is really the player Pasoti paints him to be, then he's in a similar mould to Jonjo Shelvey who made the Championship team of the season so that's rubbish.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Argy1e":1ud3k6jt said:
Cobi Budge":1ud3k6jt said:
HarlHM":1ud3k6jt said:
Cobi Budge":1ud3k6jt said:
Fox deserves to be there

But as I've said, players like Fox are never considered for this type of 'award'
If Fox is really the player Pasoti paints him to be, then he's in a similar mould to Jonjo Shelvey who made the Championship team of the season so that's rubbish.

Thing is Jonjo Shelvey has the benefit of two things over Fox for an award such as this. The first being a significantly bigger reputation behind him, playing in the Newcastle team and having been dubbed a future England star during his early professional days. Despite dropping to the Championship a lot of fans/pundits still pick him out of an opposition line-up as one to watch out for.

Secondly he benefits from playing for the highest profile team in the highest profile Football League division with far more eyes watching his performances than Fox. At that level every performance of every player can be scrutinised via various TV coverages meaning that the very best players can be picked on merit, at our level where individual performances are harder to watch in detail, as others have said the headline grabbers steal the selections not necessarily the best and most valuable contributors.

As an aside, one thing I don't get is the timing of this, there are still 8 games to play and so much is still to be decided. I know these things are usually done with a few games still to play but some teams still have 20% of the season to play.